Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to reshape or set a fedoras brim?

Alexander Church

New in Town
Ive got a wool felt fedora that is crushable (not vintage its newer) and the front brim just kinda bent or crooked and isn't even set down (my own fault I think for storing it under a huge ww2 trench coat that weighs like 50 pounds) but ive tried the whole steam thing and it only helps for like 5 minutes. Ive never liked crushable hats myself but still i like the color of this hat.
I can give pics if you want for a better idea of what im dealing with.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ive got a wool felt fedora that is crushable (not vintage its newer) and the front brim just kinda bent or crooked and isn't even set down (my own fault I think for storing it under a huge ww2 trench coat that weighs like 50 pounds) but ive tried the whole steam thing and it only helps for like 5 minutes. Ive never liked crushable hats myself but still i like the color of this hat.
I can give pics if you want for a better idea of what im dealing with.

Apparently it isn't very crushable, ay?

Fedora Jay

Familiar Face
My wool Stetson doesn't take to reshaping at all. I'm pretty sure I've shrunk it to a taper some from messing with it (before I learned the difference between wool and fur). Perhaps some hat stiffener might work to keep it in place? Should be able to pick some up at any western shop or online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy