Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to search the Fedora Lounge

RBH

Bartender
The Fedora Lounge search is OK and I use it all the time.

Just search POST instead of threads, while not perfect you will get most of what you are looking for. PLUS other threads that will be of intrest.

The other is a GOOGLE search.

Go to Google and type in:

site:thefedoralounge.com

After .com type what you are looking for.

Example: Borsalino

And as an example type: Borsalino Alessandria

and that will narrow it down to thin ribbons.

While this is not perfect. I hope this will head you down the road to a better informed search.

Mystic

Practically Family
I am looking for some threads about Stephen L. Stetson hats. Looking for opinions, actual experience with the hats as to quality, workmanship, how they rate with other hat brands.

I have tried serches with different wording, but I'm not finding what I am looking for.

I thought I remembered a "Stephen L. Stetson" thread showing up once before, but I can't find one now.

Maybe someone else can do the search properly and find a thread about the actual hats or company.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I have used google after the FL search has turned up nothing, or something that was too hard to pinpoint. I go to google and type in 'fedora lounge (whatever it is I'm searching for)' and it usually works.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I am looking for some threads about Stephen L. Stetson hats. Looking for opinions, actual experience with the hats as to quality, workmanship, how they rate with other hat brands.

I have tried serches with different wording, but I'm not finding what I am looking for.

I thought I remembered a "Stephen L. Stetson" thread showing up once before, but I can't find one now.

Maybe someone else can do the search properly and find a thread about the actual hats or company.

try it like this in Google:
"Stephen L. Stetson" site:thefedoralounge.com

Mystic

Practically Family
Thanks guys....

I don't have a Google tool bar....it seemed to cause too many problems on my computer.

I searched Bing and came up with the Feadora Lounge threads.....

I suppose I thought there would be more information on the Lounge threads about Stephen L. Stetson and his hats.

Really, though maybe because there is not much says they were neither partically bad or partically good quality hats. No real interest in the brand.

Just another hat maker. No one seems to know when the company stopped making hats.

vinnysolferino

New in Town
I 've owned several Stephen L. Stetson hats and still have two in the original boxes, which clearly states that he has no connection with John B. Stetson hats. As to quality, they are at least on par with stetson, knox, dobbs,disney and other distinguished makers of the day. the quality of finish of the felt is great, ribbon treatment and details, outstanding, construction quality and interior finish, great. while certainly not a knox 100 series hat, anything by stephen l. stetson would be worthy of a look. I prefer his hats to the run of the mill dobbs any day. info on the hats is scarce but keeping searching.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'd add to what BBH posted: Search titles only and you'll often nail what you want.

(I just turned up six threads about Stephen Stetson.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo