Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to store a 1920s ostrich boa?

Maudelynn

Familiar Face
I purchased the most gorgeous boa but, never having owned one before, am clueless as to storing it.
Any suggestions ?

It is very fluffy and has tassels :)

Lady X

New in Town
I purchased the most gorgeous boa but, never having owned one before, am clueless as to storing it.
Any suggestions ?

It is very fluffy and has tassels :)

you want to avoid dust, getting it caught in anything, or getting it flattened/kinked, so store it loosely coiled in an airtight box.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
I would caution against putting it in an airtight box. Sometimes moisture can build up and then you'll get something yucky. Pad the boa with some tissue paper and coil it loosely up inside a hatbox, if you have one. Preferably line it with some acid free paper (pretty scrapbook paper does the trick). Check it regularly for critters. Feathers can be very attractive for the little so and sos.

Maudelynn

Familiar Face
Thanks so much! I will go with the hat box idea! I have loads of archival paper, so I will put that loosely around it before putting it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy