Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Humphrey Bogart's Suit

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Don't read the description!

If you haven't seen "Dark Passage" don't read the description of the suit. I believe they gave away the ending.
Also if you have already seen "Dark Passage" and like it a lot ( as I do) don't watch the documentary about the film that is on the DVD. I seem to remember Maltin and Osbourne both saying the movie isn't that great. On the DVD of the film!!! That's low, man.
Nice suit though.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Last year I tried to find out what size Fred Astaire was. Somebody was selling his overcoat and I think it went for $150. I regret not bidding on it as I believe Fred was the best-dressed man in Hollywood. I suppose it was his manner but he could wear overalls and still be dashing. Hell, I'd even forgive him if he wore sandals.

Would it be crass to ask for the measurements on such an auction? I think the seller must think you nuts if you were considering wearing these items. They sell stuff like this all of the time and I keep thinking I want to get one or two because first, they're great vintage clothes, and second, they're great conversation pieces. I've found you can get celebrity cufflink sets for about $80 - they had Peter Lorre's up there the other day - but I never seem to see a set that I absolutley have attached to someone 'm a great fan of. I'll keep searching.

Kind regards,

Senator Jack

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Vladimir Berkov said:
Does anybody know what size Bogart was? The auction oddly doesn't list the measurements of the suit.

He was pretty tiny, I'd say about a 38. Which is weird, because he seems so big on the screen. Daniel Riser and I saw one of his suits from Casablanca on display at the temporary TCM store in Los Angeles last Christmastime.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I only meant in regards to his screen prescence :)

My boyfriend's a 38 and he's the perfect size for me. I'm sorry, I wasn't meaning to refer to that size or smaller as a bad thing, and I am truly sorry if it came across that way. In comparison with the average size on men today, he was smaller. That's all I meant to say :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland