Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I found a new shape

jpdesign

Vendor
Since I so rarely see a new hat shape, I felt I should share. A guy went into Peters Bros. and took in a hat and asked if they could copy it. He said there were only two ever made, and the other was buried with the guy who made them. Well, Joe Sr. called me up and said he had a hat he, or the two guys working for him, couldn't shape and asked if I could come down and do it. I was curious so I said I would. When I got there I shaped the copied the shape of the hat in ten minutes or so, then was told that the man had said it took the other guy two days. this was saturday of last weekend... I just took out one of my old hats and did the shape again, so now there are 4
(3 above ground).

http://photobucket.com/albums/c204/JimmyPierceDesign/hats/?action=view&current=starfront.jpg

I kow it's western, bought thought it might be interesting.
Let me know what you think.

Jimmy

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Wow JP, thats amazing, it looks great. I never would have though to use the actual felt of the hat as a kind of molding clay for sculpture, the results are very dramatic! Keep up the great work.

PS - I love that light colored fedora with the rust ribbon you have on that page of other hats. VERY classy!

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
That Milan Optimo is fantastic! All of the hats are great. I love the contrast with the black and grey fedora. Beautiful work Jim. Do you remember me? Holly and I came in to the shop about three years ago? I'm the guy from California. I remember you showed me the "face" hat. I have a pic of you wearing it.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Interesting hat -- looks like a cowboy "Gus" in which you were able to mold and sculpture a star.

Boy, I love that black hat with the gray band. I want one!

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou