Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got the part!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I just found out that I'll be playing none other than the fabled Hollywood Mogul, Jack Warner! The play is called "Shakespeare in Hollywood", by Ken Ludwig, author of "Lend Me a Tenor", "Moon Over Buffalo", etc.
The premise is this: It's 1934, in Hollywood. Max Reinhardt, legendary German stage director is trying to get Jack Warner to produce Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream" as a film extravaganza. However, the "real" Oberon and Puck have been magically transported from ancient Athens to modern Hollywood, and they get cast as themselves in the picture.
It's based on a very true, very real story. The film was produced and released in 1936. It had Olivia DeHavilland, Dick Powell, Mickey Rooney, Joe E. Brown, James Cagney (among others) all of whom are represented in the play.
It's a total hoot of a show, and I'm really excited about it.
It's being produced by a group I've worked with many times before, Heights Players, in Brooklyn Heights. It opens in April, and will run only 3 weekends.
I'll post full info about it later on. I'm really hoping some of my fellow Loungers will make it to the show.

just_me

Practically Family
Break a leg.

midsummer.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'm a lot thicker on top than old Jack, and I'm afraid the audience will have to suspend their disbelief on that one. Remember, "ACTING!!!"
But the 'stache is in fine shape. The 'stache is ready.
And finally, I get the girl! The second banana girl at any rate. The character is totally made up, tho Jack had just divorced his first wife at the time. His second wife was a very classy woman indeed, but no bimbo. In this show Jack winds up with the most adorable little blonde bimbo in Hollywood. And the girl who got the part is almost channeling Helen Kane. She's hilarious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy