Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I know it is obvious, but my hat was good and warm today

memphislawyer

Practically Family
55 outside, first cool weather in Memphis. Windy so it seems colder. I was without a jacket. Wore my Akubra Stylemaster and thank goodness i did. I took the hat off for 2 seconds and wow, my topmost part of my head was cold. Put the hat back on and wow, nice. Ears nippy a bit, but my word, I loved the hat.

cptjeff

Practically Family
55? It's 43 right now right now, and it's warmer then it's been for the rest of
the week.

55 is t shirt weather up here...

CRH

Call Me a Cab
I love this time of year!

Yesterday afternoon while crossing a street through a chilly, windy mist I spied a very bald gentleman in a suit sans coat grappling with his briefs tucked under his arm. He was hanging his head low trying to dodge the mist. I felt a little sorry for him.

I, of course, was quite cozy in my Squatter, a fleece topped by a plaid woodsman jacket, leather gloves and a back pack to carry my stuff. My mommy taught me how to dress for the weather ;) .

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mine too, !@#$%&*!!, it was 100f again today in Phoenix!! Will this weather never change??? :rage:
I'm off to Tuscany at the end of the month just to cool off! It should be about 70f on average.
I'll wear my Italian Borsalino there - they'll appreciate it! lol

-dixon cannon

rrog

A-List Customer
Y'all northerners have to bear in mind that we southern boys rarely experience the really cold stuff like you'uns do. So 55 is quite the cold spell for this time of year.

I know I'm weird and just plain ol' different, but I like it cold and wet. I can wear a hat and sport coat without having to worry about sweating to death. This is my kind of weather! First football season and then soon after comes the cold weather season - it's great to be alive! And btw, I've been wearing one of my two Fed IV's every day, rain or shine.

rrog

DC3

New in Town
Here in the San Francisco East Bay, we have two seasons. "Its going to be hot later" and "It might rain again". I prefer what passes for winter but except for the odd early storm it doesn't really kick in until Halloween. Then the outer wear gets worn.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DC3 said:
Here in the San Francisco East Bay, we have two seasons. "Its going to be hot later" and "It might rain again". I prefer what passes for winter but except for the odd early storm it doesn't really kick in until Halloween. Then the outer wear gets worn.
"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!" - Mark Twain

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Dixon Cannon said:
Mine too, !@#$%&*!!, it was 100f again today in Phoenix!! ...

I have family in Phoenix. I don't think it much of a place for humans to live but I sure do have a helluva good time there when I visit :D . If I ever have to, God forbid, show up there in the summer, I'll be mailing a couple of vented straws to meat me and at least one better be waiting at the air port ;) .

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CRH said:
I have family in Phoenix. I don't think it much of a place for humans to live but I sure do have a helluva good time there when I visit :D . If I ever have to, God forbid, show up there in the summer, I'll be mailing a couple of vented straws to meat me and at least one better be waiting at the air port ;) .

I've ruined many a good straw during the Phoenix summer - that straw just sucks up the perspiration and stains the band. It tough to keep them nice for long. :rage:

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80