Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a bit of assistance from you Gents and Ladies,

brother rat

New in Town
I am off to a concert next weekend, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, to be exact, the theme for the entire event is "30's Gin Joints" or some such, at any rate I need a quick and easy but authentic look, for a casual evening OUTSIDE in 90 degree heat (no suit for me)... Are the Bowling shirts like those from Daddy o's etc ok or were they much later in the 40's and 50's? Any suggestions appreciated, my daughter and wife are GTG with some things they already had, just ole' dad without any threads!

BR

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are the Bowling shirts like those from Daddy o's etc ok or were they much later in the 40's and 50's?
Both :cool:

While I think they are a little later... I don't think Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is a band that would cry for authentic clothes. Do you have wide slacks? A casual shirt, white slacks and leather shoes would be good dressed at a BBVD concert. Better than the Rockabillies in black T's and jeans

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
You could go with slacks, white tank top, suspenders, and a newsboy cap for a simple back alley look. A pencil thin mustache will be the crowning touch!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters