Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I never wear jeans...

cptjeff

Practically Family
That's the nice thing about having multiple pets. The older ones will train the new ones in the ways of life. Having seen our current dog taught by our now passed away older dog, it was funny to watch her teach a rescue puppy we took in for a few months the ropes. The puppy is now with relatives, who love him to death. But it's been very cute to see our old dog's habits passed down.

Oh and cats? Just don't leave hampers full of clean laundry around. That doesn't stop them all the time though. Our cat got into my dad's underwear drawer once.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
I've never had a dog wee on my bed, but every dog I've ever owned has gotten sick on the bed. Why, of all places, they decide that's the place to do that, I'll never know. Of course, I don't find it until I'm about to climb into bed for the night, which makes me irate not only because of the mess, but because then I've got to start laundry in the middle of the bloody night.

When I first moved out here, our roommate had a black lab pup who was still in the process of being housetrained. I came home from work one night to find out that not only had she wee'd on the floor of our room, but had also managed to tip over a basket full of my clean, folded laundry into the puddle and wee'd again over the top of the clothes. :rage:

zendy

A-List Customer
Carlisle Blues said:
...and that is why both animal shelters and pet rescue sites are filled to capacity. It is the owner's responsibility to train and commit to the pet rather than take the easy way out...:eusa_doh:

I got him as a 6 yr old from the shelter (he was a 4 timer and they were about to put him down, I literally pleaded for 3 days and was able to adopt him for free!). He is 11 now. I've tried my best to train him, he is good in every other way, but he definitely has some separation anxiety. I can handle the pee, luckily i have a washer and about 4 sets of sheets :)

zendy

A-List Customer
Helysoune said:
I've never had a dog wee on my bed, but every dog I've ever owned has gotten sick on the bed. Why, of all places, they decide that's the place to do that, I'll never know. Of course, I don't find it until I'm about to climb into bed for the night, which makes me irate not only because of the mess, but because then I've got to start laundry in the middle of the bloody night.

When I first moved out here, our roommate had a black lab pup who was still in the process of being housetrained. I came home from work one night to find out that not only had she wee'd on the floor of our room, but had also managed to tip over a basket full of my clean, folded laundry into the puddle and wee'd again over the top of the clothes. :rage:
I feel your pain.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
zendy said:
I got him as a 6 yr old from the shelter (he was a 4 timer and they were about to put him down, I literally pleaded for 3 days and was able to adopt him for free!). He is 11 now. I've tried my best to train him, he is good in every other way, but he definitely has some separation anxiety. I can handle the pee, luckily i have a washer and about 4 sets of sheets :)

:arated: I know the challenge, the tolerance and the devotion needed with rescue dogs. Poor traumatized creatures...:(

davestlouis said:
This story isn't so much about the clothing as it is about my awful little dog.

I own one pair of Levi's, mainly for working in the yard on cold days. I have had this pair for probably 10 years, had the pair before that for at least that long.

Anyway, I had a "date" with several of my kids to see a movie yesterday, and the theatre is as cold as a meat locker, so I wore jeans. Saw "Blind Side", excellent movie.

Went home, threw the jeans on the floor of my bedroom, left the wallet and keys in the pockets, belt on the pants, and went to bed. I woke up this morning, went to grab my wallet and whatnot, discovered that the pants are cold and wet...my little Boston Terrorist apparently doesn't like blue jeans either. He snuck out of bed in the middle of the night and urinated all over them. I could have killed the little bugger, then he came running, tail wagging, tongue sticking out, (which makes him look mentally-challenged), and I forgave him...this time.

They were jeans and he has good taste. Jeans are for peeing around. ;) :p

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Carlisle Blues said:
...and that is why both animal shelters and pet rescue sites are filled to capacity. It is the owner's responsibility to train and commit to the pet rather than take the easy way out...:eusa_doh:

My dog was trained very early on, by me, to do everything the way I wanted him to do it. I was not speaking to the particular owner of this dog. Im not there. I was talking to this particular situation, as a fly on the wall.

Dogs that are in shelters at 6 years of age are there for a reason, whether it was the fault of the dog or its previous owner(s). There are so many dogs out there that I cant feel sympathy for every bed wetter. For me, in that situation, it would be time to move on.

davestlouis

Practically Family
This dog is my baby, and he give cues when it's time to go out, either paws at me or goes to the door and paws at the door. He sleeps in my bed a lot of the time, and instead of giving a cue, he hopped out of bed and let loose. I'm not mad at him, I've been around enough kids and dogs to know they have an oops now and then...I was trying to make light of the situation and have seemingly opened a can of worms where I'm suddenly the bad guy in this scenario, according to several posters in this thread.

I have to say that as a breed, Bostons are stubborn and not the easiest beasties to train. I did some rescue for several years for the Dogue de Bordeaux Society, Neapolitan Mastiff club, and American Bulldog groups, and had a much easier time training giant breed dogs than these little dogs.

cptjeff

Practically Family
And he was kind enough to pee on something that could be thrown in the washer rather easily rather then the carpet or ruining your mattress.

Dogs and cats are smarter then most people give them credit for. When they pee in your nicest pair of shoes, they know what they're doing. When they pee on pants instead of floor, they're probably thinking back to the newspaper and such used to train them as puppies and knowing not to ruin the floor.

Edward

Bartender
cptjeff said:
And he was kind enough to pee on something that could be thrown in the washer rather easily rather then the carpet or ruining your mattress.

Dogs and cats are smarter then most people give them credit for. When they pee in your nicest pair of shoes, they know what they're doing. When they pee on pants instead of floor, they're probably thinking back to the newspaper and such used to train them as puppies and knowing not to ruin the floor.

Very true. I've seen cats climb onto a kitchen counter and pee on a towell, or climb onto a sofa and peen on a newspaper, rather than go on the floor. They ure ain't the 'dumb beasts' too many give 'em credit for being.

GreyBadger

New in Town
My black lab does curl up asleep on my clothes (ahhh! Makes them wam in the morning too) but wouldn't dream of being that naughty. I hope.

davestlouis

Practically Family
Better a little dog than a big dog to let loose in the house. My son's 90 LB black lab pees a river when she goes out, thank heaven she never goes in the house.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lots of people wear urine soaked jeans everyday, everywhere. What's the big deal? I thought that's the way they're supposed to be worn. Am I missing something?

-dixon cannon

Lenore

Practically Family
I just have to laugh at this thread because it reminds me so much of my Jackie...My baby chihuahua who was very very jealous of my husband who entered our lives when he was three. It was not that he did not like him, but he was very jealous of our relationship...

We would wake up in the morning to find my husband's (and his ONLY) clean and dirty clothes pulled from the laundry baskets into the kitchen floor, where Jackie would leave him a present. Regardless what we did training wise, he would not stop this behavior.

Incidentally, Jackie now lives with my parents and does not have any "accidents." Still ignores my husband when we go to visit though. lol

CAT spore a tale of spite.

I have several friends that have had their cats wee on clothes left on the floor or even on a chair. Happened to me while visiting a friend that forgot to warn me.

E-vil span of the de-vil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou