Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I won my grey Open Road!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Hot ziggety!!! I couldn't be home at the computer for the end of the auction, so I set a snipe and won with $5 of room left.:cool:

Grey Open Road.

As soon as this one arrives, it will be headed for the Greeley Hatworks to be re-shaped into the classic Open Road cattleman's bash.:cheers1:

Geez, I've been trying for grey Open Roads in 7 1/4 for six months, and finally got one.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Ouch...

That was me that lost that one... :cry:

Excellent purchase, Pilgrim. Post some pictures when you receive the hat and after it gets re-worked!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Maintcoder, I was afraid I would be winning against a fellow lounger, but 've been looking for some time! I sincerly hope you find the one you're looking for soon. BTW - are you by chance a WSU Coug?

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Pilgrim said:
Maintcoder, I was afraid I would be winning against a fellow lounger, but 've been looking for some time! I sincerly hope you find the one you're looking for soon. BTW - are you by chance a WSU Coug?

I guess if I have to lose an auction it is best to lose to a Lounge member. ;) I know it will just take some time, but I will find something some time. And I didn't walk away empty handed yesterday, I did win one of the other Stetsons that was for sale

Alas I am not a Coug, but my younger brother is. :cheers1:

Damon Falzone

One of the Regulars
I was in on that one too.

Looked like a great hat but it was over my budget. Pilgrim, I'm glad that a Lounger won this one and that Greeley Hatworks will be working on it. Please post pictures when you get it back. I hardly see ORs in this color so I think this is a real find at a reasonable price. Enjoy!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Thanks Damon, I agree. I've been watching Open Roads for months, and this is the first I've seen in that color - I'm hoping it will be a dark steel gray or something close.

Hey Maintcoder, Cougs and their relatives rank high in my book! (I'm 2nd VP of the Alumni Association until May, when I move into the VP slot.) Hope you find just what you're looking for - and it appears you got a great buy on that other Stetson. At $26, it has to be a real find!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Riccardo, I prefer the cattleman's bash because:

- I think it looks good on me (will add a pic to this post later if I can)
- I think the Open Road is a classic gentleman's hat, and is suitable for most occasions, both business and casual.
- I live in Colorado, where western hats are common and the Open Road is a rather conservative western hat.
- No one ever wears an Open Road around here any more, so it is both a distinctive fashion, and one that people recognize even if they can't recall why.

If I lived in Noo Joisey, perhaps I would be more inclined to go the Fedora route with an OR, but here in Colorado I think wearing it with the cattleman's bash connects me to local history. There are plenty of pictures in the university center here (I work at Colorado State University) showing university presidents and visiting dignitaries, all of them wearing Open Roads. When I wear it, I feel a connection to the past.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
maintcoder said:
I guess if I have to lose an auction it is best to lose to a Lounge member. ;) I know it will just take some time, but I will find something some time. And I didn't walk away empty handed yesterday, I did win one of the other Stetsons that was for sale

Both of you picked up really nice hats.
Both listings state that they are from the
"Papion Hat Collection". I've seen those listings
before. What the heck is that? Some eBay gimmick?

If I sell hats on eBay should I say, "from the Feltfan Collection"?

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Thanks Feltfan and Pilgrim. I hope to have my new grey hat by the end of the week. I also won this Caxton
hat on Sunday. It looks like a nice one, I hope it pans out well too.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
That is a VERY nice looking hat! You'll have to decide whether to keep that distinctive-looking crown, or re-shape. It might be fun to have one that looks different.

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Thanks!

I agree, decisions, decisions... I plan to take a good close look at it and see how I like it as it is before re-styling it. I will post some pictures of both of them when they arrive (hopefully by the end of the week - I'm tho exthited!)

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran