Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could choose, what city would you like to see crushed by a giant monster?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This is very poor Latin structure. There is no such word as "Elvi." First declension Latin nouns ending in -us form the plural by dropping the -us and adding -i. Those ending in -is (I forget the declension) form the plural with -es. Thus, it should be "the flying Elves" (pronounced el-veez).
Well, Elvis's Mother thought it was a word! She used it right up to her death.

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Does my former sister-in-law count? On her wedding day, she stood 4' 11.5" and weighed 385 lbs. (Her husband's groomsmen wanted to rent him a hand truck as a wedding gift).

Every time she merged onto Interstate 5 in Portland, Oregon she needed a "pilot car" and a sign that said "wide load" with four rotating amber warning lights!

Edward

Bartender
This is very poor Latin structure. There is no such word as "Elvi." First declension Latin nouns ending in -us form the plural by dropping the -us and adding -i. Those ending in -is (I forget the declension) form the plural with -es. Thus, it should be "the flying Elves" (pronounced el-veez).

Amusingly enough, in the wake of their heightened fame following their appearance in Honeymoon in Vegas, The Flying Elvi became embroiled in a bitter dispute with a similar outfit going by the name of The Flying Elvises... I don't know who won.

Honeymoon in Vegas is a great little film - vastly, vastly superior to the abysmyl Indecent Proposal, which came out a year later and had an essentially very similar plot, with a much less convincing set-up and a weaker cast.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Does my former sister-in-law count? On her wedding day, she stood 4' 11.5" and weighed 385 lbs. (Her husband's groomsmen wanted to rent him a hand truck as a wedding gift).

Every time she merged onto Interstate 5 in Portland, Oregon she needed a "pilot car" and a sign that said "wide load" with four rotating amber warning lights!

Cold man... real cold... but funny as hell!

Worf

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Cold man... real cold... but funny as hell!

Worf

On their wedding night, her husband carried her over the threshold... he made two trips. The next morning he had a backup warning signal installed on her corpulent leg.

Two years before they were married she had all her teeth extracted. The woman couldn't afford regular implants so she had stainless steel teeth crafted. We knew when he had gone out with her because when he came home instead of sporting a hickey, the man was clean-shaven. On their wedding night, the poor man was circumcised! o_O :eek: :rolleyes:

How 'bout Nazi German in the mid-'30s before Hitler could start WWII and the Holocaust or Moscow in the '20s before Stalin got the Soviet murder machine of the '30s up and running. While it wouldn't change real history, might be nice to see it happen anyway.

Captain O

One of the Regulars
Probably save the most lives if we could take Mao out in some city destruction that he lived in prior to "The Great Leap Forward." Quite the bloody history these communist leaders had.

Understood. You really have to love those "happy-go-lucky" Communists. Aside from Islamic terrorists and the Nazis, they have killed more people in this world than just about any other political group in the world.

Understood. You really have to love those "happy-go-lucky" Communists. Aside from Islamic terrorists and the Nazis, they have killed more people in this world than just about any other political group in the world.

My only quibble is that i think it is the communists that have actually killed the most if you ascribe the deaths from all the agricultural "planning" that Mao, Pot and Stalin did as murder (I do - they planned, millions died, despite now having this knowledge, they didn't alter course, millions more died, they still didn't alter course, even more died) - plus the purges, show trials and general killing of political enemies took out millions more. My guess, the communists have the highest kill recored of all in history.

Edward

Bartender
Dubai.... never set foot there outside of the airport (changed planes there a couple of times). I know a few folks who holiday there for the weather. Me, I don't care for the sun or the heat. From the marketing material, Dubai looks kind of like Vegas with all the fun sucked out of it. Too artificial for my tastes.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Dubai.... never set foot there outside of the airport (changed planes there a couple of times). I know a few folks who holiday there for the weather. Me, I don't care for the sun or the heat. From the marketing material, Dubai looks kind of like Vegas with all the fun sucked out of it. Too artificial for my tastes.

Can't do Dubai... I gots too many friends there topping off their retirements at the moment. At least Dubai "pretends" to be "fun". And yes... my city destruction desires are INVERSELY proportional to the amount of friends (real or imagined) I have there at the moment. I have NO friends Newark or all of Jersey for that matter. "Oh boys!!!! Look what I found!"

Worf

How 'bout Nazi German in the mid-'30s before Hitler could start WWII and the Holocaust or Moscow in the '20s before Stalin got the Soviet murder machine of the '30s up and running. While it wouldn't change real history, might be nice to see it happen anyway.
If we're going after specific targets I could do without the "Real Housewives" of wherever and the entire Kardashian clan. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner