Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you had only one. . .

stbdtack

New in Town
Greetings. I'm a new member -- really enjoying the info and discussion here.

I have a question that I hope hasn't been asked too many times -- my seaches turned up nothing..

If you had only one dress hat, what color would it be? -- assume normal business colors with black overcoat and tan trench. I'll be searching for this first hat in Venice and Milan later this week. Thanks.

Matt Jones

Familiar Face
If I only had one, it would probably be a medium grey with a black ribbon. Works well for most situations.

For me, if it had to be multipurpose hat then it would be a gray/green hat. It is versatile enough to be used with both black and tan. The hue varies slightly with what is worn with it and it would blendvery well either way. I have a 50s Borsalino that would fit the bill. Wide brim tall crown. :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
One color to satisfy all would be hard . Black is good even though it looks very formal . Brown is a good color to choose -more casual.The one color I love to have is a deep olive green in a dress hat . I have an old Bors that I found in an antique store in green but the size was too small .
Anyone knows who makes a nice green hat?

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
To me the question is irrelevant, I will never have "one" hat, it's like having one underware garment. One just isn't going to work, you need at least several.

fedoralover

riccardo

Practically Family
stbdtack said:
Greetings. I'm a new member -- really enjoying the info and discussion here.

I have a question that I hope hasn't been asked too many times -- my seaches turned up nothing..

If you had only one dress hat, what color would it be? -- assume normal business colors with black overcoat and tan trench. I'll be searching for this first hat in Venice and Milan later this week. Thanks.

Hi and welcome,i would like to advice you this hat shop :

Cappelleria Melegari
via Paolo Sarpi, 19
20154 Milano
tel. 02 312094

at the web site you can find the map of the city and the bus information.
Take a look at www.cappelleriamelegari.com
I'm really enthusiast of them.
Mr Sergio is an english spoken, he's a very nice person.
If you'll go there, take some pics and post it here (please)...
...and welcome in Italy, enjoy it!

Regards.
Riccardo.

Michael D

Familiar Face
Another hat shop in Milan

When I was in Milan two years ago I went to this place.

Mantinelli
Buenos Aire, 5
Milan

phone: 02-29523594

stbdtack

New in Town
Thanks, Ricardo, I'll check them out. I'm in Venice now -- I believe they have a shop here also.

riccardo said:
Hi and welcome,i would like to advice you this hat shop :

Cappelleria Melegari
via Paolo Sarpi, 19
20154 Milano
tel. 02 312094

at the web site you can find the map of the city and the bus information.
Take a look at www.cappelleriamelegari.com
I'm really enthusiast of them.
Mr Sergio is an english spoken, he's a very nice person.
If you'll go there, take some pics and post it here (please)...
...and welcome in Italy, enjoy it!

Regards.
Riccardo.

riccardo

Practically Family
Good stay in Venice stbdtack,
take a look at this site:
www.giulianalongo.com mrs Giuliana has an hat shpo in Venice, in the site there is an english sessios.
Next week i'll go near Venice in Vicenza...but i shall not go there.

I would like a comment by Panamabob about what Giuliana Longo tells in her site. She tells about Panama Hat, the difference between a Cuenca hat and a Montecristi's. I'm not agree with the thing that she tells about these difference , it seems that the "vueltas" are a characteristic of the Cuenca's hat.
What do you think Bob?

Thanks.

Enjoy Venice, stbdtack, you're welcome in Italy.
Regards.
Riccardo.

stbdtack said:
Thanks, Ricardo, I'll check them out. I'm in Venice now -- I believe they have a shop here also.

stbdtack

New in Town
Thanks, Ricardo. Venice is great -- the weather is perfect this time of year -- nothing better than good food and vino near the sea! Off to Milano tomorrow -- opera at la Scala. . .

riccardo said:
Good stay in Venice stbdtack,
take a look at this site:
www.giulianalongo.com mrs Giuliana has an hat shpo in Venice, in the site there is an english sessios.
Next week i'll go near Venice in Vicenza...but i shall not go there.

I would like a comment by Panamabob about what Giuliana Longo tells in her site. She tells about Panama Hat, the difference between a Cuenca hat and a Montecristi's. I'm not agree with the thing that she tells about these difference , it seems that the "vueltas" are a characteristic of the Cuenca's hat.
What do you think Bob?

Thanks.

Enjoy Venice, stbdtack, you're welcome in Italy.
Regards.
Riccardo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo