Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'll be sorry I asked but...

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
I never saw the attraction for a man to have his ear(s) pierced. I'm considered odd in that I've never had a piercing, I've received many funny looks when relating this fact.

Each to his own though.

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
I couldn't care less.

I do dislike multiple facial piercings, like a set of eyebrow rings. I simply don't find them attractive or enhancing but a guy with a pierced ear, ladies with a small nose or navel stud, these are par for the course nowadays. Fine by me.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
As for earrings, I'm in the "fine for you, but not interested personally" category.

As for facial piercings? They indicate one thing: the wearer has no day job except in a coffee shop, tattoo parlor, or hand labor. They're not for people in any professional line of work.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I'm with LizzieMaine. Only Pirates look hott in earrings.

With the exception of discreet piercings, like our gent above.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Personally, well - not for me. My sister once wanted to talk me into wearing an earring, but I somehow never felt like it. I'm married, but as a traditional Jew, I don't wear a wedding ring. No necklaces, bangles or the like. I carry my mobile with me, so I don't need a watch, and don't wear one for the time being. I put the narrow end of my ties through the loop on the back and then in between two shirt buttons, so - you guessed it - no tie pin or chain.

But that's not a matter of principle, and for other men - chacun ?† son go?ªt.

Piercings in the ear or elsewhere - shudder. I'm influenced by society, so I shudder more at the thought of pierced noses, lips etc. than concerning ears, but still. Because of the same influence probably, I find nose/eye/whatever ornaments less becoming than earrings.

I got my ear pierced when I was about twenty and I don't think I've worn an ear-ring since I was about twenty-four. That's...um...ahem...hmph-teen years ago. Everyone says that you're going to regret a tattoo, but I don't regret getting a tattoo and I do regret having got my ear pierced. I can't stand that little whole in my lobe.

Regards,

Senator Jack

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Pilgrim said:
As for facial piercings? They indicate one thing: the wearer has no day job except in a coffee shop, tattoo parlor, or hand labor. They're not for people in any professional line of work.

I don't have any, and they don't bother me in the least.

As for no professionals having facial piercing, I know many Art Directors, Graphic Designers, Illustrators, Photographers, Animators, Web Designers, Producers, Directors, etc. that would disagree with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy