Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm going to be a DJ...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
at my school...we have our own free form station and i'm joining in...taking a fm broadcasting class in the winter and i think i'm on the air at the same time...it's gonna be fun...3 hour spots...i'll start with one show a week and after awhile maybe add on another...can't wait.. thinking of a DJ name too...

I'm going to make it a variety show with a little bit of everything.. especially Jazz, Blues, Soul, RocknRoll, Swing, R&B, etc...anything...good stuff...

Warden

One Too Many
Great news, would you be able to squeeze in a little Benny Goodman?

Harry

funneman

Practically Family
SamMarlowPI said:
at my school...we have our own free form station and i'm joining in...taking a fm broadcasting class in the winter and i think i'm on the air at the same time...it's gonna be fun...3 hour spots...i'll start with one show a week and after awhile maybe add on another...can't wait.. thinking of a DJ name too...

I'm going to make it a variety show with a little bit of everything.. especially Jazz, Blues, Soul, RocknRoll, Swing, R&B, etc...anything...good stuff...

Good luck my friend. I've been broadcasting since 1973 and I can't imagine
doing anything else. It's been a good run and I still have plenty of years ahead of me. I met some fascinating people, been all over the Western Hemisphere and covered some of the most important news events of our time.
PM me if you ever need any advice.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
today i have my first official air time solo but since wednesday a couple pals and i have been playin the blues every morning and having fun doing jimmy cagney and godfather impressions...radio is extremely fun...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
so i went in at 1:30 this morning to play some tunes and rip the miles davis collection the radio station has to my laptop and decided to play some over the air...

i had forgotten how incredible the man is...i'm ashamed for not listening enough...

i then went down to the basement to the jazz collection and found about a dozen MD and Coltrane vinyls and since the station just got 2 brand spankin new turntables i had both of them playing for hours...and i only went through about 2 albums apiece...

i think i'll dig around in the collection for some thelonius, yardbird, hampton, and anyone else i can think of...

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
yep, i'll play him too...any requests you have i'm sure i can play...the station has something like 50k+ cds and vinyls in its collection...

i already owe warden some goodman...

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
SamMarlowPI said:

Congrats! I loved my time DJing at my college station. After that, I started podcasting, which I still do.
Also PM me if you want to chat radio, have questions, etc.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
had my first official show this morning and it went great...

Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, John Coltrane, and Thelonius Monk were the vinyl culprits of the late night air waves...

ValenciaCalling

New in Town
I have a radio show too at my school. I'm not sure what time it will be this year, but my DJ name was Desiree and my co-host's name was Boss. It was a great time. The only problem I had was getting along with the other people at the station. They kept trying to make me play new music, and I didn't want to. Don't give in to them if they don't like what you play! It's your show! Play what you want!

Have a great time, and good luck!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
SamMarlowPI said:

You should toss in some classic radio comedies or dramas too... that would be fun with the old classic commercials too! That's always enjoyable!

anon`

One Too Many
Hey, how'd I miss this thread first time around?

Hmmm... maybe cuz I couldn't think of anything useful to add back then (rather like I can't right now)?

Ah well, I'll just say "Cool!" Have fun--I spent two years on KBVR in the middle of the night with my best friend. I don't think anybody ever actually listened to us, but boy did we have fun!

Hope you're enjoying yourself!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn