Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm puzzled

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Can someone enlighten me as to what's going on here, i have a jacket like this with a big E, and I'd be lucky to get $100 at my market stall, why is this getting offers?educate me!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/60s-Deadsto...411&pid=100010&prg=1004&rk=3&sd=140856098609&

...LOL... The seller is hoping someone is either crazy enough (or stupid enough) to buy a low-level piece of vintage denim for over $3000.00. Who knows, maybe he'll get it...??? We sell authentic Big E Levi's jackets (this isn't a Big E) for about $110.00 USD, but we only pick out ones with crazy patina...

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You don't know how much the offers are! I suspect they are all under $100. As my mother used to say on selling, "you can always go down in price, you can't go up!"

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ah the old dodgy, wishful thinking seller on eBay!

I've brought this up on the Lounge before but the one which still makes me laugh my head off is from a few years back where a chap had the "joystick" from a Sopwith Camel for sale for an astronomical price. And what did the photos show of said item?...

...a wooden chair leg!

Wish I'd copied the page as it was a bloody classic :D

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
This reminds me of a guy I new back in the early 80s, he owned a P-51D. Every year it would come up for sale for around $250,000, this was when you could buy a very nice one with spare Merlin for less then $120,000. I asked some one about it, they told me, when he needed a business lone, he would advertise it, then go to the bank and say see, I have plenty of collateral. Wouldn't work today, they would just google P-51 for sale!

Ah the old dodgy, wishful thinking seller on eBay!

I've brought this up on the Lounge before but the one which still makes me laugh my head off is from a few years back where a chap had the "joystick" from a Sopwith Camel for sale for an astronomical price. And what did the photos show of said item?...

...a wooden chair leg!

Wish I'd copied the page as it was a bloody classic :D

How about a Bible signed by the author? :p:D

bulldog1935

Suspended

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy