Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In need of new tuxedo shirt

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
This is the shirt I use for black tie, and I love the cut and fit. The construction is also very good. It even has a nice wide spread collar, to keep the points under the tuxedo's lapels and out of sight. My only complaint is that the holes for the studs are too large to accommodate vintage shirt stud sets.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...1766233&view=all&ab=viewall&parentPage=family

For white tie, I have BB's Golden Fleece full dress, and I couldn't be happier. However, I don't care for the cut of BB's regular dress shirts.
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...lor=WHITE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

I bought a higher collar from Darcy with this shirt.

Hap Hapablap

One of the Regulars
I second the Darcy suggestion. I have the boiled front shirt with super tall detachable wing collar and love it. The ONLY thing is that the sleeves are about .5" to 1" too short (something Charlie Huang had mentioned once as well). Otherwise, it's a wonderful repro vintage style.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Will look into Darcy for future purchases.

I bought both of my bf's formalwear shirts as gifts for him from Jos A. Banks. They have several to choose from. I got him the pique bib and cuffs wing collar for his vintage black grosgrain peak lapel DB 1937 tux (and can also be used when he eventually get tails), and a pleated point collar to wear with his vintage midnight blue DB satin lapel early 1940s tux. I am pleased with the quality of both. Here is a pic of the pleated point collar, I had my cleaners do a light starch on it:
IMG_8634-2.jpg

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I need to replace a tuxedo shirt. It seems my cuffs... Well... Shrunk. I can barely get them on. Can anyone suggest a brand and/or online retailer?

In the long run, if you wash what shirt you do purchase, hand wash it and hang to dry or dry clean it. One of my best white shirts just one time by mistake had a ride in a dryer, and the damage of it was very sad, perhaps shrunk a good half size and the cuffs are so tight I can no longer wear a wrist watch. Lorenzini, diamond texture formal shirt. If you want a shirt with some flair, buy a Brioni shirt, they are on the high dollar side but very razor sharp. There are a few on eBay for around $300.00 and real sharp. Lorenzini also makes a nice high end shirt for formal wear, but they are also in the ball part of $300.00 to $350.00. I am not sure about some of the British made shirts, I do not own any as of yet, but have a few Brooks Brothers and they are basic straight forward dress shirts.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Will look into Darcy for future purchases.

I bought both of my bf's formalwear shirts as gifts for him from Jos A. Banks. They have several to choose from. I got him the pique bib and cuffs wing collar for his vintage black grosgrain peak lapel DB 1937 tux (and can also be used when he eventually get tails),and a pleated point collar to wear with his vintage midnight blue DB satin lapel early 1940s tux. I am pleased with the quality of both. Here is a pic of the pleated point collar, I had my cleaners do a light starch on it:
IMG_8634-2.jpg

Very sharp looking couple!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo