Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In search of SoCal Girlfriends

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Bartenders if this is not an acceptable post feel free to remove :)

I'm a 29yr old stay at home mom, fellow vintage enthusiast that is quite friendless :( Even though every time I come into the lounge, I feel as though I just grabbed a cup of tea and sat down to a table surrounded by fabulous ladies talking everything from stockings to hairdos to home!

The thing is in real life I don't have vintage friends(I so think I can call them) I don't really participate in the large rockabilly scene here in So Cal due to its regular drama and not being able to really relate to the Betty/tattooed enthusiasts :) I'm more of a big band,jazz,1940s glam kinda gal who loves to scour thrift shops with my whiny 4 year old :)but I would love to meet gals for tea or coffee, shop estate sales, or just relate to.
I read many blogs and see the beautiful friendships some ladies enjoy and hope to someday be part of a wonderful group too.
So if I don't sound to desperate, or creepy for posting this, I'd love to meet gals around the Inland Empire. Till then continue to being a wonderful fabulous inspiration ladies!

tamjwhite

New in Town
I would love to hang out! what part of LA do you live in? I live in the valley but I work in Santa Monica so I'm sort of all over. I would love a friend to go vintage shopping with down Magnolia. I always feel like I'm dragging my friends by their ears and I feel horrible about it.

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Yey! I know what you mean when friends don't get your habit lol
I'm actually in the San Bernardino area, near Rancho Cucamonga, and Ontario, but are down in the LA area every now and then! I will send you my email and we can schedule something :)

Idledame

Practically Family
There are usually Southern California items in the Events thread-so check it every week. Matt is planning a Tweed Pub Crawl in November in Downtown L.A. That would be a great way to meet Loungers--even if you don't have any tweed. Several loungers are usually at the Cicada Club, also in downtown L.A, whenever there is a show. There are also lots of places to swing dance that Loungers go to in the L.A. area.

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Yes, I need to make an effort to attend the events posted here :) same situation though I'm a little shy of showing up by meself, but alas I did sign up for the pub crawl! Liquid courage? Yes please ;) hope to see some of you ladies there!

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Fantastic!!! Oh tamjwhite you're the sweet one for replying to my post heeheehee let's both make plans to go to the pub crawl:) it will be great to meet you Idledame and the rest of the guys.

virgi

New in Town
Girl, where were you last week? I wanted to go to cicada but couldn't find anyone who's really into the scene to go, and I didn't want to show up alone. If you ever want to come to the LA area, and just don't want to go by yourself...let me know.

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Welcome Nikkita!! You're going to Love LA!!

Virgi, I'm so glad to meet you! I'm sure we will be making our way to the Cicada pretty soon :) what city are you in?

*SeaStar*

New in Town
Hello there Ms. Lynn! I hear ya on the kiddo dilemma :) well we can have a meet for beer at chuck-e-cheese then LOL

Idledame

Practically Family
SeaStar and Patricia Lynn, Cicada is actually all ages, since it's a restaurant. Some kids seem to enjoy the music and dancing-at least for a little while. Virgi, it's a great place to go on your own if you enjoy watching the musicians and the dancers and love the feeling of being in a Fred Astaire movie. And, if you go to the tweed pub crawl, you'll meet people who are usually at the Cicada. Admission is $10 if you don't have dinner.

Patricia Lynn

New in Town
I've been to Cicada. I do ADSLA events. I just have to do them when Grandma can watch the little one. We took our son to the tea dance at Art Deco Fest and he was bored to tears. He tolerated Janet Klein at Ticket to the Twenties for about 15 minutes before he went off to play on the grass. He's just at that age.

virgi

New in Town
I'm in zeh pasadena area. Let me know if you want to go to cicada, it's pretty groovy (I actually saw dita von teese there a while back)

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
I'm in the OC but I work in Long Beach, I'd love to meet some people to hang with who are into the golden era also. The hubby isn't into it much, and I don't really get out weeknights as we get up at 4 for work, but weekend events that we don't have the munchkin, or that there will be other kids for him to play with (he's 8) would be awesome too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo