Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Incredible no-expense-spared D-Pocket replica...

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
No expense was spared on this D-Pocket replica jacket designed by Insurrection of Seattle, WA and Aero of Scotland...

Features:

Slimfit
Horween FQHH
Modified back
NOS Talon Zippers
Garrison Belt with NOS buckle
Acorn embossing and NOS glass jewels and nickel studs on belt by Los Angeles bas ass
Nickel and glass spotting, done in Los Angeles, on jacket for spectacular effect
Leather facing on bottom hem and sleeve cuffs
Black and dark brown mouton snap-on fur collars
+ so much more...

Made for an Insurrection customer in San Francisco, these pictures were taken this morning at Thunderhill Raceway Park, CA. VERY cool jacket!!! Great for a rocker or classic cruiser type...

Wade1.jpg

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
In the title, that's supposed to read "no-expense-spared," NOT "no-expense-sparred." Sorry 'bout that. If a moderator sees this, could you please change it...LOL...embarrassing!!! :eeek:

That is one bad-**s jacket Moj. Love the jeweld garrison belt on that one. One question though, with all that metal and glass on the jacket how do you keep your balance? High center of gravity is no good for riding you know ;-) Do you have pics of the back?

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
That is one bad-**s jacket Moj. Love the jeweld garrison belt on that one. One question though, with all that metal and glass on the jacket how do you keep your balance? High center of gravity is no good for riding you know ;-) Do you have pics of the back?

It's the traditional Insurrection gussets, with the bi-swing only behind the shoulder sockets. I can try to snap a few before 2pm when I ship.

It's the traditional Insurrection gussets, with the bi-swing only behind the shoulder sockets. I can try to snap a few before 2pm when I ship.

Great, thanks. Yes, I think they are commonly referred to as bi-swing arms or action arms.

The jacket fits you like a glove, you should just keep it for yourself and refund the customer ;-)

Edward

Bartender
It has much more in common with an authentic 1950s Buco J-24, but with a few changes.

What are the main changes they've made? I expect for one thing it will be slimmed down a bit - the Insurrection models I've seen do tend to be slimmer cut than the equivalent regular Aero across the board.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Mojo,
What are the "traditional Insurrection gussets?" Underarm "footballs?" If so, do you have Aero add these to the Insurrection 30's HB's?
Thanks.
ZF

ZF--We never add underarm footballs to any of our jackets. They add bulk to the jacket and are unnecessary. For our 1930s Slimfit Half Belt jackets, we keep it pretty simple, with a slim silhouette that aids in the traditional look. The jacket pictured above is much the same--slim silhouette and no underarm footballs.

When I say traditional Insurrection gussets, I'm referring to making the bi-swing back with action ONLY behind the shoulder sockets. Pegasus had some good names for these, one being "action arms," I believe. This is the method that Bates, Beck, Indian, etc. used way back in the day. It's the slim way...LOL...

When it comes to our 1930s Slimfit Half Belt jacket, we don't use any type of gusseting on the back of the jacket.

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
This one's mine, mine, mine!!! I can't believe how thick the horsehide is on this! I've seen more original Bucos than most and, I have to say, this puts them to shame!

J1062.jpg

J1061.jpg

Faster

New in Town
Although these Vanson CHPs from, and modified by, Insurrection don't have a D-pocket, they're absolutely incredible! I tried one on today and fell in love! I think the J106 that Insurrection puts out and Insurrection's modified CHP are the two single best "rocker" jackets on the market. I already own an Insurrection-designed Aero J106, but this Insurrection-designed CHP is going to be my next purchase!

7259001_orig.jpg

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
Just a camera phone picture...but man, these suckers sell like hotcakes! Congrats to the car dealership owner in Cali who scored this beauty!!!

J106111.jpg

ultrark2004

Familiar Face
i see the one the car dealer bought in the photo you posted & the other aren't the same. the "mine all mine has a different looking belt & studs on the collar, d pocket & other pockets plus belt loops. which one sells like hotcakes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot