Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

?indian motorcycle leather jacket ?

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Good question. I've been watching that one myself. A decade or so ago a UK investment firm that specialized in turning around brands that had seen better times bought the Indian motorcycle company and I've seen jackets tagged as made in the UK that appear to be Aero quality. If so probably a very small vanity run for the powers that be, not for the racks. With tons of Indian branded clothing, mainly from Japan that muddies the water for me at least......Looks like one of the best Indian jackets I've seen quality wise tho...wish it were in another color.
When i see Mike Wolfe of The American Pickers i'll ask about Indian jackets and clothing now that he's their's spokesman, i did hook him up with the third Airstream made in their second year of production so he owes me hahah

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Good question. I've been watching that one myself. A decade or so ago a UK investment firm that specialized in turning around brands that had seen better times bought the Indian motorcycle company and I've seen jackets tagged as made in the UK that appear to be Aero quality. If so probably a very small vanity run for the powers that be, not for the racks. With tons of Indian branded clothing, mainly from Japan that muddies the water for me at least......Looks like one of the best Indian jackets I've seen quality wise tho...wish it were in another color.
When i see Mike Wolfe of The American Pickers i'll ask about Indian jackets and clothing now that he's their's spokesman, i did hook him up with the third Airstream made in their second year of production so he owes me hahah

If you really know Mike...I'm pretty sure that you would do a HUGE service to all of the loungers to find out what brand of jacket that super distressed vintage leather jacket he wears on tv is. Lol.

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
If you really know Mike...I'm pretty sure that you would do a HUGE service to all of the loungers to find out what brand of jacket that super distressed vintage leather jacket he wears on tv is. Lol.

No problem nick123, i'm in Greece at the moment but i'll be back in Iowa in a couple weeks and not only will i find out what brand it is i'll get some pic's.....lol

nick123

I'll Lock Up
No problem nick123, i'm in Greece at the moment but i'll be back in Iowa in a couple weeks and not only will i find out what brand it is i'll get some pic's.....lol

I personally am not too worried about an answer but I'm sure that a lot of people want to know! Thanks. Hopefully you're in Greece finding some obscure garage bands too add to the "back from the Mediterranean" CDs!

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
now here's a Mike story deserving of some lol.....he told me in his younger...meaning wilder days he got seven moving traffic violations...in ONE day......he went to court and when the judge asked him where his attorney was he said he didn't have one at which point a voice from the back of the courtroom replied if he could have a minute with the defendant..in the hallway Mike gave the attorney $1000 dollars and he ended up with one small fine. now that's funny

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
Not looking for garage bands here, i'm getting married next week and my future wife has already hit that scene up here. In fact she's pushing close to 10,000,000 views on her y-t channel........i'm sure you know my project will be on the Crypt label that does the "back From the Grave" but if you want to lol with "Mediterranean" go for it.......wow

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Not looking for garage bands here, i'm getting married next week and my future wife has already hit that scene up here. In fact she's pushing close to 10,000,000 views on her y-t channel........i'm sure you know my project will be on the Crypt label that does the "back From the Grave" but if you want to lol with "Mediterranean" go for it.......wow

Congratulations. I hope Bill Kelso will supply the wedding outfits.

Il Cane Mostro

New in Town
i want that jacket, the plane may be too... i m his wife
[video=youtube;hDKI1r8wb5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDKI1r8wb5Y[/video]

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Leaving the motorcycle itself aside. It a one of the clothing labels under Toyo Enterprises which manufactures motorcycle clothing. Toyo's labels include Buzz Rickson (Military), Sugar Cane (vintage denim and labour), Whitesville (varsity sportswear) etc.

Last edited:
Here's a real jacket from way back. Not leather, but that's OK. :)

IMG_5856-1.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Some of Toyo's Indian leather jackets are made in UK. They are not as sought after as Real McCoy's Buco and are much cheaper especially the used ones. Just bought a used made in UK Steerhide half-belt for less than a hundred quid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters