Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting type of hat...

Fidena

One of the Regulars
teYwa.jpg

I've seen this type of hat on multiple illustrations from 1890 to around the mid 1920s. I've been told it's a homburg, but I don't think so- at least not like any homburg I've ever seen. What is it? Are they common enough that there's a chance of getting one?

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
It looks like a pretty standard turn of the century soft felt hat, albeit with some pretty severe side dents in it. I can't think of any maker that still produces something that would look like that, so custom is probably your best bet. Or you could just get a hat with the right general proportions and mess with it until it looks right.

Fidena

One of the Regulars
It looks like a pretty standard turn of the century soft felt hat, albeit with some pretty severe side dents in it. I can't think of any maker that still produces something that would look like that, so custom is probably your best bet. Or you could just get a hat with the right general proportions and mess with it until it looks right.

Yeah, I had the feeling it was a soft hat. Do you know any good custom hat makers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou