Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing the Streamliner

Butters

New in Town
Maybe its my monitor or my eyes playing tricks on me, but did you add a gausion blur to the hat? I guess if you did it was an attempt to make it fit it more with the older images, but i wouldnt buy something with a blurry add, you dont get the actual look of the hat or felt IMHO.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, I added a blur to give it a painted look like original ad. In the old days, all the ads were illustrated. Only a few of them I have seen were photos. But, even those were heavily touched up with color and such. When you saw a hat ad, one would go to the shop and look at it first hand. As you know they sold plenty hats then! A sharp photo would through off the balance of the ad. But, it was more of a fun thing to do and not a real ad.

Regards.

That is a nice picture of the Streamliner Wildroot. Is there a way you could make it bigger and place it in the background that would allow the text of the ad to be visible in front of it? It would make it like the train was running through the ad. The picture of the couple on the bottom corner is classic.
Can you get the Streamliner on the guy's head some way? Perhaps by making it black and white and then recolorizing it, the hat would fit onto his head without sticking out. I might try to do it to one I have around here somewhere. If not, we can always use that last picture of David as a model to put it on. LOL LOL

Regards to all,

J

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW!! look at you guys go!!! Great ad Root, I don't quite know how I feel about the fuzzyness of the hat but one thing is for sure, I'm going to have to take better pics in more positions to make this more workable. I have a light grey finished, think that would photograph & translate better?

Originally posted by Art Fawcett
I have a light grey finished, think that would photograph & translate better?

It would work either way but see if you can get a well-dressed person to put it on and model it as well. Make sure he/she is good looking too---that helps a lot. Nobody wants to see Janet Reno or Carrot Top in a fedora ad! At least I don't! LOL LOL
Suit them up in some nice duds and snap a picture. I can black and white it at my end or some such thing.

Regards to all,

J

Originally posted by Matt Deckard
If you could get that in a major magazine like GQ, I think could leave a company like Stetson in the dust.

If Art got it in GQ, he would have more work than he could handle. LOL Those people starved for something different would cause the phone to ring off the hook!
Now if we could get one of these to a celebrity who would wear it around and be photographed by the press wearing it or on TV then that could be just as good as any ad. Again, the phone would ring off the hook. ;) Who do we know? :D

Regards to all,

J

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
Johnny Depp and Steve Harvey are the two most prominent hat wearers in L.A. (Bruce Willis too, but he's more into pineapples). I don't know either of them, but if you send them one (they can't be that hard to find), maybe they'll start showing up in them? Most of the actors I know are voice artists, which won't do you any good, since they aren't seen.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Tom Hanks- 7 1/2, Jeff Bridges- 7 1/2, Will Smith- 7 5/8, Gary Sinese 7 1/4. I'll have to do more research. Don't know Depps size but can find out. In the mean time I have a nephew in Hollywood in the business that would be a perfect model ( has done some already) so he will be a phone call soon.))
These ideas are great guys!!

Root, can I change a few words and print this up??

Butters

New in Town
if your looking for the young crowd....
im not the best looking gent, so ill suggest my friend instead.... his dad also was the producer of forest gump, and some other movies...

14213609_l.JPG

im sure i could get him to model for a picture if needed LOL

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
As it is a crossover style, you might also want to find a woman to model the hat in one of those stylish women's magazines.

Who would look good in that hat? Lots of choices there, I believe.

If Demi Moore can make the cover of Cigar Afficianado, we ought to be able to get a movie gal to model the Streamliner.

I would love to have seen Garbo in that hat.... I cannot think of any woman who looked better in a fedora than she did.

karol

Butters

New in Town
You know what would be perfect, if at all possible Gwenyth paltrow (i probably spelled that wrong) with her being in the new Sky captain movie, i think she even wears a fedora in the movies... Dream big! =D

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, Paltrow would look good in that hat, probably she would look good in anything.

I think Katherine Zeta Jones is a beauty and would look good in a fedora. And, yes, Demi Moore.

Someone who would have looked good in the Streamliner in her heyday would have been Meryl Streep. She'd probably still look good in it. (Maybe I am thinking of that safari look she inspired some years back in Out of Africa.)

What other actresses out there are wearing fedoras these days? Or is it mostly rock stars? Plenty, I hope. I have to go back to Iowa in a year or so and plan to take my favorite hats with me. I don't want to freak out my mother. She said "people don't wear those things back here."

"I know," I said, "that's why I live in San Diego."

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou