Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is classifieds used for selling/buying only apparel??

Kevin O'Sullivan

Familiar Face
My understanding is you can sell anything that is topical/appropriate to the general forum.

So you wouldn't sell a graphics card here. But you'd sell a vintage hat.

You wouldn't sell a pair of Jordans here. But you'd sell a set of Clinch engineers or vintage cowboy boots.

You wouldn't sell an Arc'teryx puffer jacket here. But you'd sell an Aero B3.

My understanding of things.

Guys have sold stuff that is apparel adjacent, like watches. But it's not really popular for that. You'd be much better off flipping a watch on chrono24.

Generally speaking, the Classifieds are intended for individual private members to sell vintage-related personal items relating to the theme of the forum. Granted, while TFL had since much evolved from being only about the Golden Era, it had also always remained true to the classically styled, high-quality clothes & other such items so this should be your guideline for the usage of the Classifieds as well.

Members have been listing all kinds of things, like classic cars & motorcycles, hat making tools, fountain pens, watches, proper motorcycle equipment, et cetera but rarely ever anything that was completely divorced from what we talk about here.

In short, it's okay to sell a pair of motorcycle leather boots here but it's not okay to list a set of all-season tires, a PC component or a faucet.

mvilla

A-List Customer
Generally speaking, the Classifieds are intended for individual private members to sell vintage-related personal items relating to the theme of the forum. Granted, while TFL had since much evolved from being only about the Golden Era, it had also always remained true to the classically styled, high-quality clothes & other such items so this should be your guideline for the usage of the Classifieds as well.

Members have been listing all kinds of things, like classic cars & motorcycles, hat making tools, fountain pens, watches, proper motorcycle equipment, et cetera but rarely ever anything that was completely divorced from what we talk about here.

In short, it's okay to sell a pair of motorcycle leather boots here but it's not okay to list a set of all-season tires, a PC component or a faucet.
What if it is a golden era faucet?

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
I think you’re be surprised how many people are looking for that very item…
List it .. GLWS !

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
There was a vintage car for sale on here a while back...

So yeah, I would say with discretion nearly anything that lines up with FL ideals would be eligable.

to the OP - you're leaving us all waiting here - what would you like to sell?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bolthead you’ve been around since almost the beginning.
Just claim seniority or tenure and tell those Karens and Kens to pound sand.
Lets see those matches!!
B

Attachments

• 20230624_110044.jpg
    20230624_110044.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 53

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy