Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is dress uniform out the door

Cobden

Practically Family
I think the men's full dress looks rather smart; quite reminiscent of the WWI uniform, but in blue.

I don't think the high collar works on the women's uniform, though...

jake431

Practically Family
SDS said:
The Air Force is trying to go retro with their latest plans to update their dress uniforms. Actually, what they have planned doesn't look too bad compared to the flight attendant smock they currently wear. Take a look:

060515-F-0055L-005.JPG

060515-F-0055L-024.JPG

How about a silver colored tie with a dark blue shirt with the service blouse? That would be pretty interesting.

These are the first of the "new" uniforms I've seen the Armed Services rolling out that don't make me groan. I hope they go with them.

-Jake

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
SDS said:
The Air Force is trying to go retro with their latest plans to update their dress uniforms. Actually, what they have planned doesn't look too bad compared to the flight attendant smock they currently wear. Take a look:

060515-F-0055L-005.JPG

060515-F-0055L-024.JPG

How about a silver colored tie with a dark blue shirt with the service blouse? That would be pretty interesting.

I love the first picture. The women's one is actually very reminiscent of the WWII WASP uniforms. The second one with the high mandarin-type collars... no thanks!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I personally like the new Air Force concept uniforms, or at least the direction they are moving. The uniforms introduced by Gen McPeak are a disaster; They are ill-fitting, cheap, and look like they came off the rack at Wal-Mart. I like the fact that they are trying to reflect the Air Force heritage in the new designs. I've always thought that if you give someone a uniform that they can be proud of, they will wear act and feel sharp. Give them something they are embarassed to be seen in, and it will show in their bearing and attitude.

Dusty Rhodes" said:
Now watch out, the US Chair Farce is thinking of going retro to the 30's with some space cadet looking dress uniforms.

Dusty, the service to which you refer is known as the Air Force. As a veteran of 22 years, I have served alongside the best people on earth in each and every service, and known people that have given their all regardless of the uniform they wear. I think this is a forum where we can expect that respect will be shown each and all of the armed services, not to mention each other.

VintageJess

One of the Regulars
PrettySquareGal said:
Hi Jessica. My husband was in the USMC for 13 years. Semper Fi. :)

PSG--

ah, good company! Semper Fidelis back at you, or should I say "Semper Gumby..." We sure know about that, huh? lol

Jessica

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy