Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is the Allure of Japanese Leather Jackets?

Jasonissm

Practically Family
I have the old RMC J-100 in size 42. I would want a 44 in that pattern now I have an extra inch around the belly.
The old pattern is the BJ9110, new pattern is BJ19110, it also has white inside pocket vs black.
There is still a NOS 44 BJ9110 left in the RMC Ibaraki store at the old price.
Someone bought the 42 and 46 since I was last there
Judging by your TFH and Vanson E fit I think you need at least the 44 in the old pattern, and it will be T shirt fit. Here is how my BJ9110 42 measures, rediculous high arm holes, I need about 11" there to be comfortable, size 42 is only 10", my comfort zone is between 11" to 12". I have the same Vanson E 44 as you and it's 13" there, which is an inch too much for me.

View attachment 528113
Shoulders fit like a shirt, but there is enough curve length, very good pattern:
View attachment 528114

Drop 7 to waist on the old pattern, very aggressive. I wear 35.5"/36" jeans waist and I have to suck in now. Motivated to lose the one pack...
View attachment 528115
View attachment 528116

Flares out 2" around bottom opening to accomodate the belt:
View attachment 528117

The new pattern BJ19110 in size 42 has 1" wider shoulder and an extra inch ease in the waist and hem from what I see in the photos, very much like my Rainbow Country racer but no action back. I like the old pattern, it's different than everything else I have. I will either bite the bullet for the 44 or lose the belly...
Fantastic write up, thanks for a lot of those details and explaining the difference. The leather on that back panel is incredible, lot of depth, grain and nice sheen to the leather. I have PMed you to ask a bit more, cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner