Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it wrong?

Elaina

One Too Many
I used to HAVE to buy my clothes at GW, as a teen I worked and lived on my own...and needed school clothes.

Maybe we are too removed from it, and the advent of the internet hasn't helped prices either. I think it's why I started hanging out with the little old ladies. I learned a few techniques sewing from them, and so I can recreate my own stuff. (Gee, I sound like a vulture. I actually LIKE little old people.) I think most of the good stuff is gone. People died and kids threw alot of the gems out over the years.

Elaina

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Marc Chevalier said:
If you REALLY want to find clothing and stuff from the golden era -- and at decent prices -- go to ESTATE SALES.

Below is a link which gives excellent advice on the hows, wheres and whens of estate sale hunting. Follow those tips, and you'll never need to go to a thrift store again:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?p=114649&highlight=estate#post114649

Definately. Estate Sales are go. And for those of you that get the creeps from it let me just say... you're more than likely wearing dead people's clothes anyways. lol

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Twitch said:
Well, while Goodwill IS a charity where is it said that a charity isn't supposed to make a profit?[huh]

Goodwill is a charity, but not for their shoppers. That point of thrift stores is to earn money for the charity, not -necessarily- to benefit the shoppers. It generally does that too, because its used merchandise, but that is not the premise of having a shop that sells stuff donated to it.

Who walks through the door to buy the goods, is a fairly irrelevant point to the store, they want to sell goods for money. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925