Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is the shipping price on this coat reasonable?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
No, it's not even close to being reasonable. It could be an error. If you're interested in the coat I recommend sending a message to the seller asking about their shipping costs and note that what is showing is very high. If it's an error they're unaware of they will thank you and correct it. If, on the other hand, they are trying to increase their profit through shipping and handling charges they will probably respond negatively. If that is the case I recommend reporting them to eBay as that is a violation of eBay policies.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Tomn

Fidena

One of the Regulars
No, it's not even close to being reasonable. It could be an error. If you're interested in the coat I recommend sending a message to the seller asking about their shipping costs and note that what is showing is very high. If it's an error they're unaware of they will thank you and correct it. If, on the other hand, they are trying to increase their profit through shipping and handling charges they will probably respond negatively. If that is the case I recommend reporting them to eBay as that is a violation of eBay policies.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Tomn

Alright, will do. Thanks for the advice.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Alright, will do. Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome, Fidena. I hope it works out well for you.

Sometimes the error is caused by a seller putting in too generous box sizes or weights into the postage calculator. I recently had a similar issue where a seller's shipping estimate was rather high; send him a note and he told me he'd just guessed at it and would take the item to the post office and get a shipping cost before sending an invoice. Turned out to be significantly less than he'd guessed and more like I expected.

Cheers,
Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff