Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isaacs Fury

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
A Google search of the board appears to indicate we've never discussed these here before:

Isaacs_Fury_II.jpg

The Isaacs Fury is a nice idea in my mind. It's perfect for anyone who's ever wanted to be a private pilot, but knows they're not up to the task of piloting a real vintage aircraft and yet can't stand the thought of being forever limited to Cessnas. Mechanically, these use the same type of engines as a Cessna, but with classic taildragger looks and that open-cockpit experience.

A lot of people dislike them, because they're technically a 7/8-scale copy of the Hawker Fury biplane fighter of the 1930s. But I've deliberately illustrated one in civilian markings here to make a point. They don't have to be wannabe warplanes. Instead, it's rather easy, in my opinion, to think about them as a small sport biplane from the era. Perhaps something influenced by the warplane but scaled down for use on the somewhat rudimentary fields still found in most of the United States prior to WWII's aviation boom.

Thoughts? I see from another thread that there are some pilots here. I'm not a pilot, just an enthusiast, but from what I've read the Isaacs Fury is a nice handling little plane with no more challenge to fly than any other taildragger. The real bonus is that it's built from plans using readily available modern aircraft bits. Much more fashionable than your average modern "kit plane."

-Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24