Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Itchy skirts...

roselily

One of the Regulars
So I wore one of my "new" vintage skirts to church yesterday, and even through opaque tights, and a cami tucked into my slip, it itched like CRAZY. It's 100% wool and unlined. The waistband is particularly scratchy.

Any ideas for dealing with it? A thicker (if I can find one) slip?

Miss Munch

New in Town
roselily said:
So I wore one of my "new" vintage skirts to church yesterday, and even through opaque tights, and a cami tucked into my slip, it itched like CRAZY. It's 100% wool and unlined. The waistband is particularly scratchy.

Any ideas for dealing with it? A thicker (if I can find one) slip?

1)This might sound a bit crazy but you could give it a going over with an electric razor to trim back all itchy fibres
2)You should probably sew some lining into it tho because the fibres have a harder time poking through the smaller gaps in the lining fabric.
3)You could also hand stitch some satin ribbon onto the inside the waistband of the skirt so the ribbon touches your skin and not the wool. Even if you don't sew this wont be to hard, its on the inside and no-one will see it.
4)Do you know for sure that you arn't allergic to wool? it's a common allergy here in New Zealand, maybe your pharmacist has some cream you could put on to stop the itching before it starts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters