Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Starius

Practically Family
What are the odds that they would pair up the Charlie Brown Halloween special with the Garfield Halloween special? I would so love that.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Better early than never.........

466106489_m.gif

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Starius said:
What are the odds that they would pair up the Charlie Brown Halloween special with the Garfield Halloween special? I would so love that.

The Garfield special scared me to no end. I still get chills from it...*

*kinda:rolleyes:

LD

BegintheBeguine

Tony in Tarzana said:
Or Santa riding the Norelco electric shaver, or the "Carol of the Bells" Andre Champagne commercial, or the "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial that had the songwriters scrambling to turn it into a full-length song after a flood of demand? :)
Those hilltop singers gave me the creeps. I memorized the National Lampoon Magazine version; my mind was a lot emptier when I was a child and reasier to remember stuff. Now all it's full of is trivia:
I'd like to give the world a hug
And tell it jokes and stuff
Then pull its pants down to its shoes
And chase it through the rough
I'd tie it up with bonds and straps
And check its purse for change
Then leave it out at Moose Grin Hall
With our cousin who's deranged.

Oh, Lordy, I thought that was the height of hilarity.

Chloe! Nice to see Chloe again!!!
I borrow the Charlie Brown special from the library but miss the Dolly Madison cakes commercial. Although if I saw the commercial again it probably wouldn't be as good as I remember.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
goldwyn girl said:
Tuesday, October 30 at 8/7c on ABC

I might actually have to sit in front of my postage stamp tv *...and watch this...

* my tv is about 12 inches across...hidden in a large cabinet which thus requires me to sit in a chair right in front of it ..in order to -see- the picture

Doh!

One Too Many
Watched it again tonight for the umpteenth time; it still holds up. The Christmas special is better written, but Great Pumpkin has some gorgeous artwork in it. Love those backgrounds!

Starius

Practically Family
I couldn't imagine any pumpkin patch being more sincere than this one. Sincerity as far as the eye can see!

Can you imagine a kid hanging around in a pumpkin patch late at night on halloween? And not get freaked out? But in the world of Charles Shultz, its just a beautiful thing.

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I watched it last night with my daughter. I rarely miss any of the Charlie Brown specials. Pig Pen may be my favorite character. My piano teacher used to tell me I should play like Schroeder as he sits so focused over the keyboard. I quit piano way too soon.

At Christmas the world stops spinning when Rudolph is on.

BegintheBeguine

Watched the video the other night. Lucy and her saddle shoes, haha! Cool backgrounds and music. Snoopy is too cute, my favorite parts are with Snoopy. That and the party. The children have different costumes at the party, anyone notice that? Charlie Brown is running around shreiking, having fun, when he is pulled over to model for the Jack o'lantern. I prefer to see the gang's antics than the Great Pumpkin plot, but it is a show after all and not a documentary. :)

Tony in Tarzana

My favorite bits are still Snoopy's Great War scenes. The French signs, trenches and barbed wire are so evocative.

Hey, what are the songs Schroeder plays for Snoopy? I recognize "It's a Long Way to Tipperary" and "Pack Up Your Troubles" but what are the others?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters