Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's time for a gentlemen's agreement.

Walt

One of the Regulars
When I was a kid long ago my family had a sow I made a pet of. Used to ride it like a pony. Pigs are very intelligent and do show affection. I ended up eating that pig. If you grow up on a farm you learn the hard way to not make pets of livestock!

facade

A-List Customer
You are all clearly enlightened men, please sign my petition to end the suffrage of women.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Last edited:

Huertecilla

Banned
Do the pigs show affection? Do they recognize and remember you and follow you around like a dog or cat would?
It was already answered and I wholeheartedly confirm. Intelligence wise they are on dog level and effortlessy outsmart horses.
I have put dogs, goats, pigs and horses togenther to obeserve their interaction and try learn lessons for our own interatcion with horses.
It was amazingly ... confronting. We act like the dogs, predators, invoking behavior by pressure.
The pigs were totally different and the more extrovert males best at it; the male chauvinist pigs were the bets horese whisperers.

Foto550-3AYI4I3K.jpg

A totally unexpected turn of events was that the grandmother pig fell head over heels in love with the stallion.
She would follow him around making in-love sounds and he would patiently indulge her. Quite admirably so as he has a harem of 5 mares.

Foto550-6SGKNCZC.jpg

Foto550-WSOM3V3G.jpg

Foto550-NR7A6BTE.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran