Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've got the bug.

canucklehead

New in Town
Yup, I have a full-blown case of Fedora Acquisition Disorder.

Just won these two vintage specimens:

Dobbs:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140061618996&rd=1&rd=1

Knox:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=280057132496&rd=1&rd=1

Pics shall be posted when said hats arrive. I just hope I can curb my enthusiasm in the future; don't think my bank account could take the strain over an extended period.

So, what d'you guys think? Did I do alright?

Cheers,

Mike

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yessir! You've got yourself some nice vintage there. Opened crowned, too! What a treat! The bashing is half the fun! You're going to have a lot of fun!

dean

spiridon

A-List Customer
Wow! Looks like you made out like a bandit on both counts!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

......and YES, be careful....I am putting in a lot of OT to support my habit.;) lol

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love finding open-crowned hats on the Bay. The casual shopper doesn't know what to make of them, so you can get a better deal. And, of course, putting your own shape in them is half the fun. :)

Great hats!

BigSho

Vendor
Both very nice looking hats. But I am going to go against the grain and say that the dobbs is not an open crown. It looks to me like the front of the hat in the pictures is fighting a center crease that was pretty well blocked in. Someone might have just popped the crease out for no good reason. Not like it matters but it just looked that way to me.

Jeremy
Hats Plus Ltd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot