Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IW writer seeking info on tank watches

slundin

New in Town
I am a writer for International Watch magazine working on a piece on vintage tank watches - looking for any very high quality photos of vintage watches or interesting stories and data points. Got a big collection? Let's hear about it. My pieces can be found on the finelifemedia.com website or stevelundin.com. Deadline for this piece is this weekend.

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Don't have anything to contribute, alas, but wanted to say "welcome!" and hope others can provide something on this topic. I remember my dad having an Elgin tank watch from probably the 1940s, and in my childhood his only alternative to an Elgin gold pocket watch...so have been intrigued. Would like to know more myself.

Good luck with the article.

- Bill

Just a little tidbit of info,the "Tank Watch"is Cartier only,all other makers of that style are to be called "rectangle"according to the Evilbay rules!I know its BS but I have seen folks who have listed lets say a Hamilton "Rutledge"and referred to it as a tank watch,it was yanked and they had to relist as a rectangle watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner