Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J crew Stockton Racer

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
I was just checking one out on ebay. It looks like a nice jacket, but the retail price was listed as $895...NUTS! It's made in China for one thing. Why the heck why I pay almost a grand for something made in China? If I spend that much I want Aero or Vanson or Schott, Eastman, you know made in USA (Scotland). I've never seen the Stockton racer in person so can't comment on quality but I know all those others are great, and most of them are less. I just got an Aero HWM that is way cooler to me, and I only paid $575, used but I don't care, from the pics it looks nice and broken in. I'll post pics when it gets here I can't wait!

Trust But Verify

New in Town
You will be so much happier with your Aero; that $895 Chinese J. Crew would have left you feeling robbed the moment you opened the package. Also, J. Crew sizing is just on the S/M/L/XL scale, correct? When you are investing that much in a piece of clothing like a leather jacket, it should be sized correctly (i.e., 38, 40...your proper suit jacket size). You would never buy a suit by sizes S, M, L, XL. The artificial broken-in effect that companies like Banana Republic, J. Crew, Ralph Lauren, Hugo Boss, Andrew Marc, etc. use on their "vintage" leatherwear actually looks terrible (and totally manufactured) in person. You (or one of your heirs) will be wearing your Aero many decades after that Chinese jacket has disintegrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot