Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jacket and vest question...

abduktedtemplar

New in Town
I really dig the jacket and vest but it doesnt come with the slacks. what i could pair this with i have no clue...black slacks...gray...navy blue? jeans? any thoughts guys and gals?

192601783_o.jpg

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't try and match it with trousers of the same material or colour, as it will just look poorly matched.

Wear it with dark indigo jeans (I expect a lot of stick from others on this forum about doing so, but I think the look will be good). Or go with chinos or corduroy (tan or brown, perhaps bright colours? Reds, oranges?) for a more preppy East Coast Ivy League look.

Personally, I think it would look great with some of those Ralph Lauren cords with the embroidered motifs (fly fishing, pheasants/grouse, etc.) and a bowtie. Not sure how that look goes down in Texas though!

abduktedtemplar

New in Town
bright colored pants are way out of my comfort zone along with the bow tie lol. screw it im just going to grab the two pieces and see what i can pull off with them. any pics of bottoms to try with it would be appreciated. i'm guessing by dark indigo for the lay (like myself :eusa_doh: ) you mean dark blue right?

Max Flash

One of the Regulars
Yeah - dark blue jeans. I think normal stone wash colour would be too close to the colour of the jacket/waistcoat.

I think it would look great with jeans and boots and a string tie (for the western look) or normal tie. Don't go with a kipper tie or one that is too wide as that will look too throw-back '70s with the lapels on that jacket!

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Personally I would say black or grey smart trousers, maybe khaki in summer. I think a jacket and waistcoat (vest) is too formal for jeans. Black and grey are universal for any sort of blue really, so it would just look like a smart blazer.

ortega76

Practically Family
Dark denim would be lovely.

A light grey, like a dove grey would be very smart.

How about a light tan in a lightweight wool for crispness?

A dark maroon would be a nice, if unusual, choice.

MisterGrey

Practically Family
I think black would look the best. It's far too classy to mix with jeans. Tweed, corduroy, etc. look great with jeans, but something like this should be worn with a nice shirt and tie and good slacks.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Try light colored trousers. Wide, straight legs would be best. It'll look sharp.

Dark trousers would be too close to the jacket and vest (IMHO).

Check out this first image especially, the suit on the right (paired with cream trousers) is nearly the same color as yours. Vest included.
AA156.jpg

AA304.jpg

AA242.jpg

AA268.jpg

AA249.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
thunderw21 said:
Try light colored trousers.

Check out this first image especially, the suit on the right (paired with cream trousers) is nearly the same color as yours. Vest included.
AA156.jpg

Good get, Thunder!

That said, I'm not too keen on the look. I'd rather wear matching trousers, vest and odd jacket. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner