Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket heap, 40s-42s

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Please inquire, details to come...pick one, pick two, pick a price. All for sale sans the Eastman and the Star and Excelled G-1s. Want the heap to disappear. Really feel free to lowball! Will get around to tbe details but if one peaks your interest send a PM or inquire here.

Best, Nick
IMG_7083.JPG

50s Windward steer fleece-lined
70s? Californian suede
80s Schott Perfecto 618?
Johnson Leathers M-120 goat
Gibson and Barnes G-1 40 Tall
Lesco Cafe Racer
Alpha B-15
Alpha MA-1 (cowhide?)
Grais Coat
IMG_7084.JPG

Nick, no!!! Exact same thing happened last summer 'round July and then you wanted them all back and bought even more! Stupid summer's gonna last like a month and a half, throw 'em in the closet till then and forget they exist. Once colder weather kicks in, you'll be happy knowing they're all there, waiting.

If you absolutely insist on selling them, dibs on the Lesco.

But seriously! These are all great! You'll just gonna end up buying more of the same if you sell them.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think possibly he has seen the huge amount of interest and is reconsidering selling them all?

Actually I recommend you do this Nick, hold off till the wear is cooler and you can actually wear them again, then make the decision to sell them or not.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Sorry guys. Was a little under the weather. Not an excuse but it's my excuse. There was considerable interest in the Schott and Lesco so I wanted to give more details on those.

Here are some photos and approx measurements of the Schott...

Size 40T (Tall)
Measurements (approx)

Pit-pit:20-20.5
Shoulders: 18
Sleeve length: 25
Back: 26
IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7114.JPG

And for those who want to venture dating it, I believe the existence of the "flag tag" dates it to the 1980s.

IMG_7113.JPG

It's a regular 40, perhaps a trimmer one while zipped. I purchased it on ebay with no measurements listed...the 20.5 pit strikes me as small for a 40, but that is what came out!

The TWO noticeable defects on this are first, obviously the missing half of the belt. The second is a slight maple syrupy scent to it. Not too bad. Not sure if it's a vintage thing or if the previous owner ate with it while eating breakfast. Treated with Obenauf's leather preserver one time to clean it up and to try to lessen the smell (which isn't a big detractor but may irritate those with sensitive palettes)...

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Next up is the Lesco...I'd call it a trim 42 or true 40. Marked size 42. I believe it's cow/steer and it was purchased here from a fellow Lounger a while ago. The listing may be out there somewhere for anyone who wants to cross reference measurements. His were probably more accurate :/

Measurements:
Pit-pit: 21
Shoulders: 19
Sleeve/body: 25.5

IMG_7115.JPG

IMG_7119.JPG

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Note: stupidest way to list jackets ever. Don't try this at home. Apologies to everyone for taking forever/messing up!

What's that "Grai" beauty, brown one with a cool collar. Grais? It's right under the Lesco, next to a Perfecto.

Another DaveC

New in Town
Nick, interested in the brown models with epaulets (look like older AN-J-3 models, G-1/A-2 crossovers). Please email me at dcnanners @ gmail if you can as I think my PM ability is not enabled yet (new member).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic