Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean/denim patterns

Gigi

New in Town
I really want to attempt to make my own pair of '50s style side zip jeans, but I can't seem to find a pattern anywhere. Does anyone know if any patterns of this type exist? I might have to end up altering a normal pant pattern. Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks!

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
I have a side zip pant patterns that I bought denim to do just this. Everything is still in the bag...I have been trying to figure out how to do the flat seams and still keep everything centered. I know how to do the seams, in theory, but have never actually done them and would think they would wind up off center leaving me to correct this by adjusting the side seams.[huh]

If anyone has done this...let us know how it works.

swinggal

One Too Many
I made the overalls in this pattern and I think that you could use the pants pattern to make jeans. There is a really cool thin denim available that I have made two pairs of jeans/trousers out of, with button up sides. The overalls I made in black linen and they hang really well.

simplicity_3322_cover.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925