Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jerome A-2 Artwork inspired by Terry & the Pirates

GregNYC

One Too Many
My favorite A-2 is a seal-brown Real McCoy's NZ Rough Wear. I've always been fascinated by the Dragon Lady from Terry and the Pirates. So finally I got my A-2 painted, by none other than Jerome Urbaniak himself. I hope to take more pics soon from diff angles, but here's a tiny one - my avatar from VLJ2.

dragon.av2.gif

My only complaint is that it's too cold for A-2's!!!

For my money, Jerome does the most WWII-like art of all the contemporary painters. Plus he knows the aircraft, the units, history etc. as well.

Jerome's Picturetrail site here

--Greg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jerome is in a class of his own.

He's a fine artist and I know that everyone who has commissioned him to do artwork have been absolutely 'over the moon' about the results. He's a 24 carat gem!

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Dragon lady

Greg Thanks for the props. Paddy I really appreciate you linking me up in the WW2 kit section I owe you.
That RMNZ roughwear is a damn fine jacket . I always look forward to painting time when I have a fine canvas.

The Dragon Lady motif by Milton Caniff was often used throughout WW2 and Korea especially .

Originally she was more oriental in flavor, but I have seen it done so many different ways on so many different aircraft. This was my take.

The Plane actually existed for 9 missions and a couple of hump trips, a photo-recon mission and was credited for one enemy fighter destroyed.

It was a short tour of duty before it was lost in combat, but it belonged to one of the first b-29 superfortress groups in India that later was moved to Tinian.

I am actually thinking of stripping my "Diabolical Angel" RMNZ Monarch and doing this image on it instead.
I have been in a picture posting mood so....

225344510.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/
VOL174/1621165/14938652/225344514.jpg

225344531.jpg

225344523.jpg

225344543.jpg

228975479.jpg

228975486.jpg

The patch was from Disneys reluctant dragon and iIhad to draw up a decent rendition of it as well , as the only images I could find were on the sides of airplanes

Jerome ---- Cheaters

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Awesome awesome awesome!
Do you do jean vests? This guy messed up mine so bad doing the Love Gun cover on mine so now I want Eddie from Madien but holding a rebel flag instead to cover it up. That would look SO FREAKIN' COOL.
But seriously, awesome work. My girlfriend would be jealous if I had a chick like that on my jacket.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mud...follow your heart my man!

Go on, make your girl friend jealous Mud and get the painting done! or even better, get a fine 40's look of your girl friend painted up on the denim or a cool looking old flight jacket!! Why do we work all the housrs under the sun if we can't treat ourselves to something special from time-2-time[huh]

And gents, if you look in the LIBRARY RESOURCE at the top of the WW2 room, you'll see a section devoted 'just' to jacket artists! It will blow your mind away.

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Vests for my El Camino

MudInYerEye said:
Awesome awesome awesome!
Do you do jean vests?

DUDE Mud, your Awesome. Thanks Man.

Sorry bro, I haven't done any vests in a while . When I do it' s Leather!
There was a Japanese shop back in the nineties that commissioned me to do some Dio Vests Rob Halperen style .. The shop was called Mullet-San.

I did make a small one for my Dog. He wears it while rockin out in the broken down "74 Dodge Dart in my back yard.

He keeps drinking my Dew and eating my Fun-yuns.

232155016.jpg

Thanks though.

TestamenT -- the after dinner metal

Jerome

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Ape Drape, Aka The El Camino Headreast

Ah yes, the mullet-dog , one of my faves.

I have stumbled upon this this , The people that have the aforementioned styling are either --- Not in the know of the worst haircut ever unleashed to mankind ...or are the Baddest MF'ers you would ever want to meet.

No in between,

Working for the clampdown ,
Jerome

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Back at ya

Well --- Thank you Sir.
It means a lot coming from another artist who has seen and done as much as you have .
I would echo that the f-4 is one of my all time favorite jets. As you know Col. Sijan was from where I live and is one of the most famous F-4 pilots of all time , as a matter of fact the 440th airlift wing has a replica of his F-4 as a gate keeper to the base..
My parents neighbor was an airdale in Vietnam and was always telling me stories. I grew up around airplanes having always lived right by General Billy Mitchell Intl. Airport.
This what draws me to do what I do as well as a deep appreciation for history and to be thankful for all of our armed services.
Thanks for the kind words John, I appreciate it ...now get back and keep painting.

Jerome

f4fantom

New in Town
Jerome
Easier said than done. Nice to meet on common ground. Up to my eyebrows at the moment. Workin on a couple of last minute order F-8 jackets. I just keep starin at the backs of the jackets and waitin for the laser light from outa space to light up my brain. You know what I mean. I get my kicks tho when I see them finally done. Your good at what you do and I can appreciate it. Sometimes I wished I had started a bigger go of it earlier on and not wasted all my time doing other things (like building race cars) . Appreciate the jams and glad to made your acqaintence. I shoot Mark a sidewinder every now and then to let him know I am still kickin. Interesting to hear the Fantom pilot in your neighborhood. Its amazing who you don't know is livin next door sometimes. The real guy that McQeen portrayed in the movies is this old dude I see now and then staggering out of the old VFW Hall. Nobody knows who he is but I do. Don't know when I'll be hangin up my guns but when I do you'll be the only gun in town. It seems like only yesterday 7 years ago when I met Mark. Time flies!! Happy Trails up and at them. Say a prayer for our common foot soldier, for his wife and his family. Jagger.

Back thru the hole in the wall

Raymundo

One of the Regulars
Cheaterome and F4,

Your work is impressive, to say the least. A forgotten art form! Hopefully, some day I will win the lotto and be able to afford one of your works of art. Til then, keep up the good work.

Ray

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran