Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewellery Boxes - for boys!

lyburnum

Practically Family
My boyfriend has a great wooden box shaped and detailed like a horseshoe that was his Grandfathers. Holds a fair amount of stuff too. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of it.

Also, there are quite a lot on here:

http://www.myshopping.com.au/PT--311_Jewellery_Boxes_For_Men__fs_41_e__

I'm particuarly fond of these, though I haven't been through them all (far too many!)

fz38266-005-1x.jpg

A3SS_l.jpg

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product...d_valore4=&id_valore5=&source=myaus&listid=1x

http://www.tiesncuffs.com.au/acces_details.asp?id=191

Edward

Bartender
Wow, looks like there are way more options than I had thought possible.... I must start seriouly looking into these. I've gotten tired of finding my bits and pieces all over the place.... especially bearing in mind that I plan to introduce cats to my home in upcoming weeks. And you know how much fun cats have knocking under the sofa shiny things that belong to the big cat...

Here in the US there is a chain of stores (name escapes me right now) that you used to be able to find in a lot of malls. They were noted for having engravable items and a lot of wedding stuff, and they usually had neat wood mens jewelry boxes with an engravable brass plate for the top.

Warbaby

One Too Many
I've always had a weakness for nice boxes and have had many over the years. The box I'm currently using for jewelry is this 1930s leather covered men's travel jewelry box. It's of either French or English manufacture. Not sure of their original purpose, but the top tray has two compartments with hinged lids and two that are covered with little padded velvet pillows. The interior is lined with suede.

Jbox2.jpg

Jbox3.jpg

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
John in Covina said:
Similar in design to the Gerstner's is this inexpensive Harbor Freight Tools chest:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94538

People use these as jewelry and collection chests like for coins or fountain pens also.

I have been needing a bigger box since becoming a member of this forum. My collection of cufflinks, collar bars, etc has dramatically increased. This "tool box" looks like it might fit the bill. A good place for my stuff without looking too girly.

Edward

Bartender
One thing I toyed with the idea of was an old doctor's bag. I've seen a Gladstone that was made for a doctor with lots of little compartments for tools and pills and so on inside it. Probably not ideal for my bedroom, but could be a cool thing to have sitting around in a study if ever I have a place big enough for one.

Edward said:
One thing I toyed with the idea of was an old doctor's bag. I've seen a Gladstone that was made for a doctor with lots of little compartments for tools and pills and so on inside it. Probably not ideal for my bedroom, but could be a cool thing to have sitting around in a study if ever I have a place big enough for one.
The only thing I'd worry about was, here is the complete collection of jewelry I own in a convienient carrying case with handles. I know that for me it would wind up being an invitation to burgalry.:eusa_doh:

Edward

Bartender
John in Covina said:
The only thing I'd worry about was, here is the complete collection of jewelry I own in a convienient carrying case with handles. I know that for me it would wind up being an invitation to burgalry.:eusa_doh:

That would be the one drawback, yes.... unless, I guess, it just looked like an old leather bag lying in the corner to a burglar. Nowadays, though, I think most of them know exactly what they're after.

Edward

Bartender
Memnon - stunning!

Anthony - that wooden box looks wonderful. I think I recognise that leather one - I've been looking at something similar - on Amazon, of all places. Seems I can get one that will take a couple of dozen pairs of cufflinks, so that should do the job nicely - would'nt mind buying a second one of those as and when it becomes necessary. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy