Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leathers Half-Belt Overdye Horween Black

technovox

One Too Many
Selling my custom Johnson Leathers Half-belt jacket made in the famous Horween heavy overdyed Black. Hate to let it go, but this jacket just hasn’t been getting much wear, and I thought I would list here before I put it up on EBAY.
This custom half-belt design was based on the vintage 1930's Speedster (2003 Levis/Aero collaboration) but with more length added in front and back, beefier zips, and sturdier lining…and much thicker leather. The Horween overdye black on this jacket is just getting gently broken in, and it’s starting to show off some beautiful patina with brown undertones coming through, and is very supple. (Last I checked Alan at Johnson Leathers said the overdyed Horween Black was no longer available.) Features nickel hardware, with vintage Talon zips, and real horn buttons on the cuffs. Contrast dark brown stitching, sateen lining. There are two handwarmer pockets-one chest pocket, and one interior pocket with snap. All pockets are corduroy lined. Marked as size 40 but it’s really a size 42-44.
Approximate measurements:

Shoulder seam to shoulder seam: 19”
Armpit to armpit:: 22”
Shoulder seam to end of sleeve cuff: 25”
Base of neck to bottom of jacket (on back): 25”
Price is $575.00 – not including Shipping CONUS $20 USPS Priority
Jacket is located in San Francisco.

All in all, a custom half-belt in beautiful condition, made in the heavy rare Horween Overdye leather, with plenty of upgrades.
If interested, feel free to PM me with any questions.

JHalfBeltMain.jpg

JHalfbeltBack.jpg

JHalfbeltBack2.jpg

JHalfbeltBuckle.jpg

JHalfbeltbuckle2.jpg

JHalfbeltButton.jpg

JHalfbeltCollar.jpg

JHalfbeltDetail1.jpg

JHalfbeltDetail2.jpg

JHalfbeltLining.jpg

Hebgen

New in Town
That might fit me... it would be close... my Vanson has similar p2p and shoulder... but it's a very snug fit.

Would you care to share YOUR chest size?

technovox

One Too Many
That might fit me... it would be close... my Vanson has similar p2p and shoulder... but it's a very snug fit.

Would you care to share YOUR chest size?
Hi H., Sure. I typically wear a size 42-44, and I'm 6', 165, wide shoulders, V-shape. I can layer under this jacket...it's a bit of a loose 42. Hope this helps!

Stunning jacket and the overdye is just an amazing leather as shown in your pics. BEAUTIFUL is an understatement.

Hebgen

New in Town
Well, I just remeasured my smallest jacket and unfortunately yours is probably just a hair too small in every dimension.

Bummer... it's a fabulous looking jacket!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Great jacket, floor, everything. The overdye is a fabulous leather and yours looks even better than the batch I had! Good luck on the sale. You'll need none of it.

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whish I had checked in earlier. I have two jackets from Alan in this leather, one I had custom made in a skimmed hide and one I purchased on this forum in a full weight hide. This jacket would fit and I am in the SF Bay Area. Yea I have two closets full of leather jackets but I would have brought yours and found one to sell per the unwritten rule. Too bad you're selling such a nice piece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran