Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A Banks

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Joe Banks cuts prices, and so does everyone else

Banks' clothes are good, but nothing special. Every retailer is cutting prices. I get fliers in the mail from Macy's every week with discount coupons. Borders and Barnes & Noble send me emails more than every week offering 20% to 50% off on books.

With nearly 1 in 10 persons in the American workforce unemployed, it's no surprise that retailers are taking drastic measures to keep the customers coming in the door. Jos. A. Banks is no exception. When Brooks Bros. starts offering suits, ties, and shirts at 50% off, then you'll get my attention.

filfoster

One Too Many
Bank on Banks

KILO NOVEMBER said:
Banks' clothes are good, but nothing special. Every retailer is cutting prices. I get fliers in the mail from Macy's every week with discount coupons. Borders and Barnes & Noble send me emails more than every week offering 20% to 50% off on books.

With nearly 1 in 10 persons in the American workforce unemployed, it's no surprise that retailers are taking drastic measures to keep the customers coming in the door. Jos. A. Banks is no exception. When Brooks Bros. starts offering suits, ties, and shirts at 50% off, then you'll get my attention.

I usually get my suits at Brooks but have to say the looks of the Banks suits are fine for workaday wear, and at a substantial savings from the Brooks prices. I would think in this economy, many of us Brooks customers will be giving Jos. Banks another look for our everyday suits.

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
I have three of their suits, bought at a buy 1 get two free sale and they are of good quality. They also give an additional 10% off if you join their executive club (free). I just bought a new pair of Johnston & Murphy Melton Caps for a bit under $150. I expect I'll go there more often in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass