Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just arrived recent Goodwear Monarch A2 acquisition

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
A parcel arrived from John Chapman of Goodwear 10 days ago of the Goodwear A2 Monarch.

I took a couple of pictures out in the sunshine on day 1 to show that wonderful russett colour.

Monarchsecondpictures005.jpg

MonarchA2003.jpg

Alan

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Having recently been looking at a thread of started by Thor about the correct A2 fit of course its all in what we think suits us best.

Personally I prefer a more short fit.
Thankfully my body is not yet quite so far gone to make it unacceptable !!

I have tried to take a few pictures of the jacket being worn.

Although do please forgive the poorer quality as these were produced using the self timer feature so its sort of focus and hope for the best - I am lucky to be in the shots at all !!

GoodwearMonarchA2013.jpg

GoodwearMonarchA2010.jpg

GoodwearMonarchA2003.jpg

GoodwearMonarchA2006.jpg

GoodwearMonarchA2009.jpg

Last edited:

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
A week or so later I have to say it is the best A2 fitting jacket I have ever had.

Since I got it I have been wearing it every day and thankfully the English climate has already meant it has faced Heavy and Light rain, Sunshine and even Hail.
Just snow to come !

I have also been working the leather with my hands every evening to make it as soft as possible and adding those character lines.

I took a few pictures out in the sunshine today and can spot the wear already from that first day of opening the magic Goodwear box.

Monarchsecondpictures004.jpg

Monarchsecondpictures001.jpg

monarch1photo.jpg

Monarch2photo.jpg

Alan

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great jacket and a VERY good fit!
Apart from the obvious quality of this jacket and its great number of tasteful (if not elegant) details, I like the russet on this model very much. A good mixture of brown and orange without being too red. Some russet replicas tned to look like a pumpkin under certain lighting conditions - this is not the case with your jacket.

Again, superb jacket!

53Effie

A-List Customer
I agree with the others. That is my idea of perfect A-2 fit. Very nice jacket indeed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
One more thumbs up vote. Classic cut, classic fit. Looks great on you... I've an Avirex in a similar russet config. Only thing I'd a done different than you is perhaps dark wool knits for contrast, and that's just my (everybody's got one) opinion. But as stated earlier that's one crackin' good jacket and you wear it well.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot