Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just for You - Exact Repro Fabric from the Golden Era (and beyond)

Mike K.

One Too Many
Hello friends,
I know there are a lot of Fedora Lounge members who make their own apparel (in addition to those who just like collecting all things Golden Age). I wanted to share with you some information on some really great fabrics that are exact reproductions of textiles from a bygone era. As it happens, I have a direct connection with The Virginia Quilt Museum, whose collection includes quilts from the 1800s to present. The museum was recently selected to have its own line of licensed fabrics, reproduced from actual quilts in their collection, and currently made by Cranston Village (part of Cranston Mills). Yours truly even assisted in matching the prints & colors of the original fabric to the reproductions. Many of these fabrics may be available through your local stores, but I am also including a link to The Virginia Quilt Museum where you can purchase sampler packs. Some of these textiles match those from the 1800s, while others were picked from 1930s-40s feed sack cloth and other popular fabrics, used not just for quilts but for a lot of period clothing too. Having seen these fabrics first-hand, I can tell you they are pretty amazing. Here are a few sample pics...

20507_g.jpg
20391_a_final_art.jpg

20395_ec_final_art.jpg
20510__s.jpg

Here is the link to the Quilt Museum (if you order, tell the Museum Director that you're with the Fedora Lounge and she'll know who sent you ;))
http://www.vaquiltmuseum.org/giftshop

Here's a link to the Cranston Village site where you can see many of the fabrics:
http://www.quiltingtreasures.com/content251.html

I've been meaning to post this info for months but kept forgetting...my apologies. Also, in case it matters, I receive no financial gain from any fabric sales. I just wanted to point you to some really neat finds. :)

Mike K.

One Too Many
Not sure but you can probably order by the yard...just email them and ask. Of course local fabric stores can get it for you by the bolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou