Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just found a Stetson hat! PICS ADDED

backpacker416

Familiar Face
I just found a Stetson Hat in parents attic! On the inside left of the hat it says: No1 quality, stetson (in a shield with an emblem) John B. Stetson Company. Its a western hat for sure, with a simple pencil thin band. Ill try and post a pic soon. I know NOTHING about Stetson hats!

Last edited:

backpacker416

Familiar Face
Yes, very hot here in south Louisiana! Not in bad shape at all, only one spot where looks like something got it. But hardly noticeable. I looked under the sweat band for another tag or something but only white chalk writing. The sweat band looks like snake skin, but is leather. Possibly patterned that way after storage for awhile.

I just found a Stetson Hat in parents attic! On the inside left of the hat it says: No1 quality, stetson (in a shield with an emblem) John B. Stetson Company. Its a western hat for sure, with a simple pencil thin band. Ill try and post a pic soon. I know NOTHING about Stetson hats!

Intricate shield with diagonal John B. Stetson is 1930s or earlier. Simple shield outline with horizontal lettering is likely 1950s or later. There are variants though.

tanNo1_5.jpg

1.jpg

This was the second coming of the Stetson No.1 Quality mark (see photos posted earlier in this thread). I think Richard's estimate of 1960s (or later) is about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran