Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just viewed, "A River Runs through It"

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I really enjoyed this movie, starting at the turn of the 20th century, about a family of two brothers (Brad Pitt & Brendan Blethyn) and their Presbyterian minister father in growing up in Montana by a river. All have the common love of fly fishing. Brad is the hot headed, gambling, womanising lad, and Brendan the studious, shyish type. The gentle, sometimes physical challenge of fly fishing on the great river, The Big Blackfoot, comes to symbolise in many ways their hopes and fears in life. Great costuming too for 20s and 30s costumes.

Feraud

Bartender
A good movie! I saw it when it came out. The cinematography, acting and directing was well done. Robert Redford tends to be involved in good films.

A couple of years later Pitt also did Legends of the Falls. Kind of similar in looks to River. I do not remember liking this one too much. I thought the girl coming in between the men of the family was a bit predictable. Brad Pitt running around with that long hair reminded me of a U2 video... :p ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo