Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just when you thought you had seen it all . . . (Warning: Not for the fainthearted)

cbez

One Too Many
Just too much for me. What I like about fc for example is they'll choose sections with very pronounced grain to catch your eye but not have it throughout the entire jacket, or mix different types of grain between panels.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe this picture makes it more blatant than it really is? The grain looks very nice andthe jacket is simple to better showcase the grain of that bullhide.

I think it could look good with a t-shirt and a decent pair of blue jeans.

It does look too try hard on the website though

I don't think the jacket itself looks bad at all. Standard & Strange makes even the most attractive products look terrible.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just too much for me. What I like about fc for example is they'll choose sections with very pronounced grain to catch your eye but not have it throughout the entire jacket, or mix different types of grain between panels.

Yes, ideally you'd want some variation on the grain. I'd suspect a regular production model would look better overall.

I don't think the jacket itself looks bad at all. Standard & Strange makes even the most attractive products look terrible.

Ah Ah! I don't know them much, but the way they dressed their model to showcase the jacket... no comment o_O

I strongly believe that every so often, we need to be reminded of this absolute mega-cringe. Of all the jacket related horrors that I have seen, this bozo is among the top three.

MorseCraigBoar.JPG

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I strongly believe that every so often, we need to be reminded of this absolute mega-cringe. Of all the jacket related horrors that I have seen, this bozo is among the top three.

MorseCraigBoar.JPG

I must have missed this. Who is it? Give me some context.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I guess I'm missing the point of concern here. Are you objecting to the killing of the boar, the wearing of the jacket while doing so, or the cheesy photograph? If the dead boar is the cause for concern, it's because you've never lived anywhere that feral swine have destroyed a large part of the habitat other native animals depend on (including the destroying of the animals themselves, including turkey nests and deer fawns).

If it's just the silliness of the photograph, and posting it on a website, then yes, I object as well. ;)

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
Wild boars are machine-gunned in Texas from helicopters. They are bad. This dude, if he indeed killed one with (what is it, some kind of a spear?) has some serious balls. And come to think of it, as cheesy as it looks, the LW jacket protects him better than some camo. No problem with the pic for me.

Woodtroll

One Too Many
^^
Wild boars are machine-gunned in Texas from helicopters. They are bad. This dude, if he indeed killed one with (what is it, some kind of a spear?) has some serious balls. And come to think of it, as cheesy as it looks, the LW jacket protects him better than some camo. No problem with the pic for me.

Agreed about the use of the jacket - it is after all supposed to protect, if that's what the owner wants it for. I've used tincloth in briars with good success, but never leather (at least, yet... :)).

And yes, boar with a spear takes some sand. Even though it's usually done with a dog pack, it is a true challenge. My understanding is that many boar spears have a crossguard on them a little ways above the point, because the bore tends to get pi$$ed off and run up the spear at you otherwise.

Feral hogs are one of the few animals I can kill with absolutely no remorse at all. I despise them.

I guess I'm missing the point of concern here. Are you objecting to the killing of the boar, the wearing of the jacket while doing so, or the cheesy photograph? If the dead boar is the cause for concern, it's because you've never lived anywhere that feral swine have destroyed a large part of the habitat other native animals depend on (including the destroying of the animals themselves, including turkey nests and deer fawns).

If it's just the silliness of the photograph, and posting it on a website, then yes, I object as well. ;)

It's just a massive cringe-fest. Boar is a nasty animal and I'm scared to death of them so it's not the boar.

The photo is silly. I mean, just take a normal rifle like a normal person and shoot the thing. Guy is posing over a dead boar, wearing a $2000 dollars leather jacket and the most shit spear ever made. It has duct-tape on it!

Woodtroll

One Too Many
It's just a massive cringe-fest. Boar is a nasty animal and I'm scared to death of them so it's not the boar.

The photo is silly. I mean, just take a normal rifle like a normal person and shoot the thing. Guy is posing over a dead boar, wearing a $2000 dollars leather jacket and the most shit spear ever made. It has duct-tape on it!

I do have to admit the spear made me laugh. And no, I wouldn’t wear that jacket for that purpose either, but I guess he can afford to. I guess my reaction overall is more “chuckle” than “cringe”.:D

AHP91

Practically Family

According to various wildlife research organizations, four people in the U.S. died from wild boar attacks since the late 1800s - three victims were attacked by a wounded boar while hunting. This photo is absolutely ridiculous - kill the damn thing and don't pose over it like you fought to the death with your spear. Plenty of safer ways to kill them without getting your photo-op.

Same dude would look the other way if a mean looking dude were breaking into a car on the streets of Philadelphia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner