Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keep Honking...I'm Reloading

Nashoba

One Too Many
raiderrescuer said:
B0002U5EJU.01-A3CU9PWKX4XOBY._SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

But now days you have to be careful what you put on your vehicles...here in Oregon they recently had two vehicles damaged because they had Anti-War bumper stickers on them.

In Oregon? Really? That's surprising. On the flip side though :eek:fftopic: My car has Marine Wife and Marine Corps Stickers plastered across the back and more recently when my husband came home from his first tour in Iraq he put and OIF vetran sticker and a VFW member sticker on it. When we were still living in Northern California's absolutely gorgeous Bay area (I grew up there) The day I put my personalized plates on my car (USMCWYF) and a couple of my old marine wife stickers someone keyed my car (poor thing still carries the scars) and keyed an "X" through one of my Marine Wife stickers. All this while my car was parked in the front lot of the POLICE department I dispatched for at the time. Mine was the only car damaged. So I guess that kind of thing runs in both directions. I havn't run into anything like that here in the south though....

Ok back to the topic
My fav is:
Beware the dragon for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Nashoba said:
When we were still living in Northern California's absolutely gorgeous Bay area (I grew up there) The day I put my personalized plates on my car (USMCWYF) and a couple of my old marine wife stickers someone keyed my car (poor thing still carries the scars) and keyed an "X" through one of my Marine Wife stickers. All this while my car was parked in the front lot of the POLICE department I dispatched for at the time. Mine was the only car damaged. So I guess that kind of thing runs in both directions. I havn't run into anything like that here in the south though....

Gee, I am sorry to hear that. I can believe it but still am sorry that someone took their arbitrary and capricious anger out on an inanimate object. Sure doesn't make much sense to me. :fing28: I apologize for the poltroon in his absence. ;)
Like I have said before, it is the largest outdoor looney bin. :p

Regards,

J

Nashoba

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Gee, I am sorry to hear that. I can believe it but still am sorry that someone took their arbitrary and capricious anger out on an inanimate object. Sure doesn't make much sense to me. :fing28: I apologize for the poltroon in his absence. ;)
Like I have said before, it is the largest outdoor looney bin. :p

Regards,

J

Ahh but I miss it. I grew up in Cupertino and Saratoga...went to SJSU, met my husband there..got engaged at the end of pier 39 in San Francisco and got married at Moffett Field....if it weren't so outrageously expensive maybe one day we'd be able to return. As it is my husband's salary will not afford even a condo there.....that and he's no longer stationed there. But both our families still live in San Jose and Saratoga. And we get to go home to visit every once and a while.
Besides, we have inconsiderite morons here in the South too. I think they're everywhere...

Nash

Nashoba said:
Ahh but I miss it. I grew up in Cupertino and Saratoga...went to SJSU, met my husband there..got engaged at the end of pier 39 in San Francisco and got married at Moffett Field....if it weren't so outrageously expensive maybe one day we'd be able to return. As it is my husband's salary will not afford even a condo there.....that and he's no longer stationed there. But both our families still live in San Jose and Saratoga. And we get to go home to visit every once and a while.
Besides, we have inconsiderite morons here in the South too. I think they're everywhere...

Nash

Gee, it is people like you that I want to stay here. We can get rid of the inconsiderate morons.
Or as the bumper sticker goes: France has an opening for several inconsiderate Morons. Go buy a plane ticket. :p

Regards,

J

Nashoba

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Gee, it is people like you that I want to stay here. We can get rid of the inconsiderate morons.
Or as the bumper sticker goes: France has an opening for several inconsiderate Morons. Go buy a plane ticket. :p

Regards,

J

Aww thanks. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :) Southern California was a little better but the traffic almost drove my husband crazy....saw some great bumper stickers there though....here I see ALOT of the
"W"
the President
That and I saw one that said
"I danced on the bar at Coyote Ugly"
But I already have that t-shirt :) hehehehe

Nash

Nashoba

One Too Many
patrick1987 said:
My friend has 3 or 4 of those "proud Army wife" stickers and when I visited last weekend and borrowed that car, people gave me some funny looks :eek: I think I have figured out why: I am a guy with long hair.

My husband gets the same look when he drives my car, being decked out in Marine Wife garb and all. His truck however has the bumber sticker

"Sure Marines are a department of the Navy. We're the Men's Department"
across the back window

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nashoba said:
My husband gets the same look when he drives my car, being decked out in Marine Wife garb and all. His truck however has the bumber sticker

"Sure Marines are a department of the Navy. We're the Men's Department"
across the back window

A buddy of mine (LCpl at the time) popped that one off to a squid LT JG's date at our Birthday Ball one year.

"Hee, hee, my boyfriend says the Marines are a Department of the Navy...."

He got a good grindy dance out of it. Sorry el-tee. :p

Nashoba

One Too Many
carebear said:
A buddy of mine (LCpl at the time) popped that one off to a squid LT JG's date at our Birthday Ball one year.

"Hee, hee, my boyfriend says the Marines are a Department of the Navy...."

He got a good grindy dance out of it. Sorry el-tee. :p

I said it to our corpsman once at our family day...he'd made some comment about the navy and the corps and it was my snappy comback. It was greeted by a round of "OOOOHHHHHH". good thing I had a bunch of marines around me at the time. I had to run for cover and hide behind one lol. He tried to say something about the Marines always needing a ride places on Navy ships and I told him that the Navy was jut a glorified boat taxi service for the Marine Corps...he didn't like that one either :) I loved that guy, he was fun to go back and forth with.
nash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou