Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keeping stuff in your pockets

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
kabuto said:
I think the ultimate cause of the problem is low rise hiphugger trousers! When your trouser waist was at your real waist, your pant size kept pace with your waistline and your belly grew naturally all over if you gained weight. Personally, I think that was something that kept us slimmer. Now that trousers are under the belly, the fat grows out above the belt line and the standard body shape for men now is the hanging "pannis" over the belt. The belly gets bigger, but the pant size stays about the same because the fat has nowhere else to go, being constrained by what amounts to a girdle below the belt. The beltline gets lower as the belly gets bigger, and you get the back-is-higher-than-the-front profile for trouser belt lines. The fit just goes all to hell at that point.

So bringing back high rise trousers may solve the obesity crisis! (Well, maybe not.)

Exactly. And let us remember the medical term: "super-pubic fatty patch." This horrid name alone should make one wish to wear high-waisted trousers which hide it ....

Rhabryn

Familiar Face
Holster Wallet

Has anyone considered carrying a holster-wallet? I'm half way to trying it myself. Think Dr. Koffer brand makes one, do a google search.

My main concern in carrying one is spooking people into thinking I have a firearm, which I want to avoid... The one I've seen hangs under your left arm, suspenders to your belt etc... It might be a good base by which to design a modified one that fits on a pair of suspenders...

Perhaps we should figure out a workable modification. If youre going to buy it off the site I found it on, make sure you look for coupon codes... the regular price on the website is much higher than with the coupon codes they always have. (I'd say the name, but dont want to advertise)

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
I use a messenger bag for big things, and keep the deep pockets just for money/credit cards/license/keys..and I do not put things in my back pockets... I too have graduated from jeans mostly and wear khakis mostly unless I have on a suit.... for summer treks I often wear cargo shorts and adopt a safari look

Ranger01

New in Town
I carry A LOT of stuff around every day, In the summer, I usually wear my Jeans, a 2 pocket western shirt, and my harness boots (they count as storage too ya know!).
My loadout is as follows:
Jeans:
RF: money, Bic lighter.
RFI/ Watch pocket: guitar pics, Zippo
LF: Capo, pen, cigarette case, pen light, cell phone
LR: comb, glasses case, hankerchief.
RR: Wallet (usually bulging with business cards, discount cards, etc)
Belt: large pocket knife in case, Buck 119 Special in sheath (I do get the crocodile dundee comment alot, but I use it for everything.), keys on leather tab attatched to belt.

Shirt:
Right pocket: sunglasses
Left Pocket: Cigarettes

Boots: usually a multi tool in sheath, and my straight razor (I use it for trimming tape when doing a custom paint job on a car), and usually a few extra dollars.

I do go out "armed to the teeth" as some ppl say, but everything I carry has a specific use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot