Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

" KING-O FCC - The Hunter" - Thedi Leathers

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
IMG_0049.jpg

What do you think, guys?

I don't know... it looks more like a jacket for a woman to me.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I guess it is a female dress form. The features of the jacket don't look feminine to me.
Apart from that I don't have problems with my masculinity so I don't insist on "manly" jackets,.sweaters and whatnot. ;-)

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I guess it is a female dress form. The features of the jacket don't look feminine to me.
Apart from that I don't have problems with my masculinity so I don't insist on "manly" jackets,.sweaters and whatnot. ;-)

Yes feminine, that's the word for it. My mother had a jacket like it in the mid 1970's minus the game pocket. Hers was blue. Nothing wrong with female clothing, I'm just providing my feedback.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I dunno. I really think it's the dress form. We need pictures when worn.

I was just told that the strap with the button is for a fishing rod.

cordwangler

One of the Regulars
FFF, I was thinking the same thing. As Iowa Slim says, dress it up with a gun and maybe a stiffer brimmed hat - on a form without breast bits - and it'd have a different shape/look. Some are very suggestible.

...in the interest of closure...
I wanted to resurrect this thread with a fit pic.
I've searched and couldn't find one until MM's new forum had a Thedi thread:

Seems a tad on the short side (the jacket, not him) but not bad. I think I'd opt for darker buttons - or even lighter ones. The extra pocket isn't as bad as two of them, but overall not bad.

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Have to say that I'm not thrilled with the design:

- Lapels and collar don't really work for me.
- It's a hunting jacket and has game pockets on the side/rear. Setting aside the question whether it's intelligent to stuff a dead and presumably leaking animal in your pocket this means the cut/drape would have to be rather loose, else you can't use them. If the cut's supposed to be slimmer then one might as well ditch those pockets imho
- The front looks cluttered to me with all the pockets, this is exacerbated by the asymmetry between the left and right side of the jacket.

Don't see myself ever purchasing this but to each his own of course.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I have a Mackinaw with game pockets, and it's a loose fit - I don't foresee myself stuffing any rabbits in them any time soon though.

tonypaj

Practically Family
Based on as worn pictures the game pockets serve as straps to tighten the jacket. Overall I don't much care for this particular one. based on the pictures Equally, I have doubts with my LVC Menlo. But then again I love my A-1...

Edward

Bartender
I actually rather like this one. It's a nice variation on a currently very popular theme among the vintage-style jacket niche. The bag-strap support is a great idea. I've used the lapels on a Perfect jacket that way before, and it's really handy. For some reason, a bag only ever wants to slip off my shoulder when I don't have a hand free...

My thought was that the shoulder strap was on the wrong side. If you were to carry a satchel across that shoulder, you wouldn't be able to use the chest pocket 'cause the strap would cover it up...
AND I still think it needs to be longer. Surcoat length- to keep one's posterior dry in the field.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
It would actually be good to have the bag strap on both sides, now I think about it - the current arrangement would only let me carry it over one shoulder, rather than over the one shoulder and diagonally across the body. Can't bear carrying a bag on my right side. (Lefty).

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It would actually be good to have the bag strap on both sides, now I think about it - the current arrangement would only let me carry it over one shoulder, rather than over the one shoulder and diagonally across the body. Can't bear carrying a bag on my right side. (Lefty).

Fly rod loop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo