Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Knox Fifteen

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I got this at an antique mall a few months back.
I love the hat. The felt is a tad on the coarse side, but I can live with that.

It has a "comfit" corrugated sweatband. Anybody know about these? I'm guessing it's supposed to flex to give a better fit.

2-3/4 inch brim
5-1/2 inch crown
2-1/4 inch ribbon

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2689.jpg

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
Really nice, Dinerman. The color looks very similar to that of my Whippet, but the ribbon on yours is much nicer--wider as well as a great color. Wear it happily!

Razzman

One Too Many
Very nice looking hat. You have a good eye. :eusa_clap Lastly, you seem to find these hats in flea markets, antique shops etc. Must be virgin territory. I have yet to find one around these parts, which is South of Boston, MA.:eusa_doh: I will keep searching though. Congratulations on your find.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wore this on my diner trip to Winchester. As we were waiting in the line to pay at the Amherst Diner in downtown Winchester, the gentleman in front of us asked me about my hat. It turns out he was a Borsalino man, and he still wears the one he bought when he was young. (He looked like he was in his 70's, so that would make it an old hat) He thought it was cool someone my age was interested in wearing quality hats. I thought it was cool to meet someone who was knowledgeable about hats, and knew what this hat was.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I think that may very well be the same patent number as mine.

Mine has the patent number 2632175 for the sweatband.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wondered

feltfan said:
...this recent eBay listing (listed by an
ex-Lounger):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260046655888

I wondered if this fella was knocking around here somewhere. his hats are just too bloody nice & I have to say that I hate to find myself bidding against him, almost as much as I hate to see Douglas' handle as the "high bidder"! ;)
Why an ex-lounger? None of my buisness, really, just nosey.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
and a shot for those of you who like to see hats on heads.
me working on notes for Roadside in the Amherst Diner

IMG_4854.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
yep. It was either on my head or in the sausage gravy.

The Snow White Grill in Winchester hat a hat hook for every stool, so on the hook it went, along with my jacket. Why don't places have features like this anymore?

IMG_4912.jpg

Dinerman said:
yep. It was either on my head or in the sausage gravy.

The Snow White Grill in Winchester hat a hat hook for every stool, so on the hook it went, along with my jacket. Why don't places have features like this anymore?

Quite simply because, as you may have noticed, clods of today eat with their baseball caps on no matter where they are. :rage: The only time they take off the cap is when they go to bed and then sometimes I think that is the exception and not the rule. :p

Regards,

J

DOUGLAS

Dinerman, The hat looks great on you at the counter. I would love to see more of that here in the city.

astaire

One of the Regulars
Tell us more about the conversation

Dinerman said:
I wore this on my diner trip to Winchester. As we were waiting in the line to pay at the Amherst Diner in downtown Winchester, the gentleman in front of us asked me about my hat. It turns out he was a Borsalino man, and he still wears the one he bought when he was young. (He looked like he was in his 70's, so that would make it an old hat) He thought it was cool someone my age was interested in wearing quality hats. I thought it was cool to meet someone who was knowledgeable about hats, and knew what this hat was.

Dinerman, my favorite hat happens to be my knox fifteen. Please tell us what the 'Borsalino Man' said about your hat and vintage hats. I'd really be interested to hear what he told you.

Tomorrow, I'll resurrect my old post with new pics (i only posted its picture from the seller and it was a while ago).

feltfan

Man, great hat, looks great on you, and great diners.

Makes me long for a diner dinner!
We don't have as many real ones here in the
Bay Area as you have out there. Sigh.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
astaire said:
Dinerman, my favorite hat happens to be my knox fifteen. Please tell us what the 'Borsalino Man' said about your hat and vintage hats. I'd really be interested to hear what he told you.
QUOTE]

he didn't really say much, other than he really like the way my Knox looked, but he'd always bought Borsalinos himself. He said that even back when he was much younger, they cost close to a hundred bucks, but they were built to last a lifetime. He only wears it to church.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR