Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.C. King Manufacturing of Bristol, Tenn.: for all the denim nuts out there

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Thought I'd update; hot soaked my hickory chore coat after an initial cold wash which didn't shrink it up as much as I'd hoped. And I'm happy to report it now fits perfectly! I mention this only for those thinking about buying one. While many suggest sizing down, I'd say only if you never plan on washing it. Eg the indigo denim one might be better off raw so as to develop some fades. But as for the hickory, fisher and duck fabric alternatives, I'd suggest ordering your regular size and washing/soaking in hot water a time or two til the fit is achieved

Ok I'm done

W4ASZ

Practically Family
Thought I'd update; hot soaked my hickory chore coat after an initial cold wash which didn't shrink it up as much as I'd hoped. And I'm happy to report it now fits perfectly! I mention this only for those thinking about buying one. While many suggest sizing down, I'd say only if you never plan on washing it. Eg the indigo denim one might be better off raw so as to develop some fades. But as for the hickory, fisher and duck fabric alternatives, I'd suggest ordering your regular size and washing/soaking in hot water a time or two til the fit is achieved

Ok I'm done

:arated:

My experience was the same with this material.

The Pointer jeans made with Cone denim that I have arrived sized as measured and shrinketh not. :D

EmergencyIan

Practically Family

Ok I'm done

Same experience here with a Pointer chore coat. I got my normal size. Once I had it in hand, I washed (in hot water) and dried it twice. After that, it fit fine.

The collar was a bit oversized, however. So, the tailor took 3/4 of an inch off of it. Now, it looks perfect.

- Ian

Foster

One of the Regulars
White Oak Mill (Cone Denim) makes lovely fabric. I've been in that mill before, the scent of Indigo is quite lovely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo